Neverwinter Forest eyes on fire
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
It was jarring, joining a new pack again and starting right from the bottom. Not that Shrike had expected to be placed at a comfy place in the ranks at all- he simply hadn't expected to leave one pack and join another. He was still somewhat shell-shocked, and went about exploring the claimed territory and learning it as well as he had known the Caldera without running into many other wolves. That way, he could at least avoid the usual questions- where had he come from, and if they knew of the Caldera, why had he left. Shrike was modest, but perhaps a bit too honest to be tactful. Any questions asked would garnish the truth; he'd been exiled because he'd refused to let his cousin's widow seduce him the day after his cousin had died. He felt it was honourable, and in his spite, depicted Fox in the most brutally honest way. 

He pined for his friends of the Caldera and mourned Peregrine still, so his features bore the complacent, but largely blank expression of one who was simply trying to get by. The best he could do was hunt to stock up the caches in the pack before winter hit, and learn the borders of the pack so that he could resume his role as guardian. He would have to prove himself all over again, but it was only natural for the lean male to want to patrol; it was habit. 

He was scouting along the borders, his back dappled by the sunlight that filtered down through the trees when he spotted a light form ahead. Naturally, he stiffened at the scent; this wolf wasn't from the Caldera. His lips peeled back for a second before he caught himself...This wasn't the Caldera, and this wolf belonged here. It was almost disarming, coming to a new pack and being bombarded by new scents. This scent was one he'd crossed many times in the pack, so he was left assuming she was an active and important member of the pack. He quickened his stride, moving at a rangy walk and chuffed to get her attention. The closer he got, the more he could take in her lissome figure, pale coat and feminine features. Were all females of the Forest this pretty? Of course, he was still quite smitten with Allure, as he always had been, but it didn't stop him from noticing this sylph's beauty as well. 

He bobbed his head in a homely but inviting way as he approached, tail waving gently between his hocks. "Mind if I join you?" He asked. "I'm Shrike. I'm new." He said, hoping that was explanation enough.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread
eyes on fire - by October - November 01, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by Shrike Redleaf - November 05, 2016, 07:18 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by October - November 06, 2016, 06:16 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by Shrike Redleaf - November 06, 2016, 06:52 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by October - November 06, 2016, 07:07 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by Rickon - November 06, 2016, 08:56 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by Shrike Redleaf - November 07, 2016, 06:50 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by October - November 15, 2016, 11:47 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by Shrike Redleaf - November 16, 2016, 12:40 AM