(m) across the caucasus
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Though his wife smiled and spoke of it being good, Ragnar had the gut suspicion that she might not have thought that despite that she said it. It was almost as if her angelic responses, that seemed to be to the Viking, geared toward making everyone happy, was just a knee jerk reaction. His eyes narrowed in his suspicion, as he wavered between calling her out on it or not. “Is something the matter, wife?” Ragnar inquired, figuring he would give her the option of choosing if she wanted to tell him what was bothering her, or not. Ragnar desired her honesty in all things if only because he did not share in her compassion for others and therefore saw no point in trying to make everyone else happy. As it was, they didn’t even have to make their own kids happy (kids would get angry eventually), it was the happiness of themselves and each other that mattered the most because one day their kids would leave them and they would be all they had left. Each other. “You can always be honest with me.” He assured her, smoothing his tongue across the fur at the base of her ear.

Their conversation had shifted, as his directing, to Gavriil and Pump and Ragnar laughed, unable to help himself when he watched Thistle’s lips work into a frown. “Perhaps I should have warned him about Pump not seeming like wife and mother material before I worked up his ego,” Though Ragnar was unaware of what had happened when Gavriil had approached Pump about courting her, mentioning mateship right then and there (as Ragnar had warned him not too), he did not know that as exactly as he had predicted had happened. Gavriil had been gunning at the trigger almost as Ragnar was finished encouraging him not to let fear stop him. He hadn’t seemed to want to hear Ragnar’s opinion about Pump and mateship and children (and if Ragnar ever learned he could probably pinpoint where Gavriil had gone wrong, though Pump played a huge part in the rejection as well). “He had not wanted to hear it, then.” Ragnar sucked in a breath and let it out. “He seems a little too overeager for her.” Ragnar was not confident they would have been a good match for one another, anyway for not all opposites attracted, but he didn’t know the outcome and ceased to draw conclusions.

“Mmm,” The Viking chuckled deep and low in his throat at the feel of Thistle nipping and tugging at his fur. “I believe you promised me something, my love, that I was not able to take advantage of at the time.” He murmured to her, letting her know that he hadn’t forgotten even if he had been suffering from fever.

Messages In This Thread
(m) across the caucasus - by Ragnar - May 25, 2014, 06:10 PM
RE: across the caucasus - by Thistle Cloud - May 25, 2014, 06:20 PM
RE: across the caucasus - by Ragnar - May 25, 2014, 06:41 PM
RE: across the caucasus - by Thistle Cloud - May 25, 2014, 06:54 PM
RE: across the caucasus - by Ragnar - May 26, 2014, 06:50 AM
RE: across the caucasus - by Thistle Cloud - May 26, 2014, 11:38 AM
RE: across the caucasus - by Ragnar - May 26, 2014, 12:41 PM
RE: across the caucasus - by Thistle Cloud - May 27, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: across the caucasus - by Ragnar - May 27, 2014, 10:04 AM
RE: across the caucasus - by Thistle Cloud - May 27, 2014, 10:56 AM
RE: across the caucasus - by Ragnar - May 27, 2014, 02:17 PM