Stavanger Bay dream me the world, something new for every night
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the cozyness of the den warmed deirdre, who could not recall her own birthing den. she fantasized that it held the same comforts as this, and she appeared to be delighted by what she saw. you have made this? deirdre whispered, her emerald eyes aglow in the dim light of the den. the warmth of the furs made deirdre wish to lay and languish upon them, though this den was not her place. this would be the place doe brought her young into the world, and deirdre thought of them no more on the premise of doe's foreboding words!

doe spoke, and deirdre at first did not understand--she believed that doe might be speaking of her young, and sucked in a worried breath that was exhaled after a beat of confusion. doe was swift to continue, and deirdre's ears pricked forward. she had not heard of another shewolf that would bear cubs, and her head tilted to display her wonder at that. who else but doe had earned skellige's consent? important, deirdre found herself repeating, her voice full of wonder. surely, they are as important as--well, are not all young important? she caught herself, not speaking of the children doe carried. her ears splayed bashfully atop her crown at her near-error, but at mention of skellige she appeared at attention again.

what is skellige to you?

the first thought that occurred to her was: important--though this was coincidence, due to their own wordchoice throughout the conversation. it did not dawn on her, though, that there was a link to importance between the woman who carried and the man she adored. still, the question confused her, as did its answer. there was never a reason for her to be dishonest, and though her head tilted minutely, she answered true. i do not know how to explain what he is to me--i do not possess him. he is dear to me, to my heart, deirdre spoke, and continued. i feel strange, sometimes, when i think of him, she admitted worriedly to doe, like a bird, she elaborated, like a bird, perched at the very top of a tree that rests upon a cliff, about to take flight--or maybe it is already flying?, to put words to her feeling was strange, and she felt silly, but it made sense, to her. she felt out of body as she thought of him, sometimes--the strangest sensation. it frightens me to speak of it, she admitted, though i have wanted to--i... am i ill?
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Messages In This Thread
RE: dream me the world, something new for every night - by Deirdre - November 10, 2016, 12:51 PM