Ravensblood Forest and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution
72 Posts
Ooc —
Furiosa loomed off to the side, apart of the Family as her presence dictated, but inherently other as displayed by her distance from them. She had taken up a position to watch them all, observing everyone as they looked at Arturo and his adopted daughter, and then observing them as they looked out over everyone else. The pale wretch sat with her chin lifted and her dark eyes glittering -- though whether it was with pride or madness, none could tell.

When her name was mentioned, she cleared her throat, briefly drawing the eye of the crowd. "As the 'red herring,' it's my job to take the brunt of opposition from the head of our Ceannasach. If anyone outside of The Family should ask who leads here, you tell them it's me. That way,  if anyone has a bone to pick, they'll be picking it with the helmet instead of the head." Furiosa didn't mind her role, in fact, it invigorated her. Deceiving others was a private delight, and not one she often partook in given how brutally honest she tended to be; she could only hope that the rest of The Family would be as careful with the charade as she and Arturo intended to be about it.

The dark-masked leader pressed on then, addressing breeding rights -- which she hardly paid attention to -- before mentioning Aster. Her tattered ears twitched, eyes drifting from wolf to wolf as they offered their unanimous opinions on the matter of their first deserter. Furiosa only grinned. "Personally, I'd hate to wait on karma to do her bidding..." she mused, clearing thinking of hunting down the girl without honor herself; "but I suppose banishment will have to do."
Messages In This Thread
RE: and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution - by Furiosa - November 10, 2016, 01:35 PM