Ravensblood Forest whiskey is good proofing water
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
This conversation was a giant classified folder that Chusi seemed determined to paw through, regardless. “Why wouldn't we?” He countered her question instead with one of his own. “You are very loved Chusi, by me, by Teaghlaigh, by Lotte.” Chusi had a very lovable (if not patience testing at times) nature and he felt confident enough to speak for the scarfed woman. Surely, she cared about Chusi if she allowed the girl to call her “big sister”. “Memories don't die, no, but they do fade. After so much time you begin to forget things about your loved one. You forget what they look like, what their voice sounds like, how they smell. You remember moments but they grow indiscernible with time.” His mother was still alive (to his knowledge anyway) but already he had forgotten many things about the warrior woman whom had raised him. Even his memories of Duana were beginning to become fuzzy. He'd spent almost a full year away from Quicksilver Hollow and with his focus upon the present he'd allowed the past to begin to fade like an old picture spent too long in the sun, gradually fading a little bit more.

“If an experienced scout falls you are not going up that mountain so you better hope the scout doesn't fall.” He told her sternly, leaving no room for negotiation. She could not always have her way and while it was partially his fault because he spoiled her so damn much she wanted to be an adult then she would have to start acting like it and realize that adults had responsibilities and could not just do whatever they wanted and shrug off things. She needed to listen to him and not fight him. If any of Teaghlaigh's members shrugged his commands off they would be punished for it. “You want to be an adult so bad, so I am giving you adult responsibilities. No fighting me, no loop holes. If any of the Family did that they would be punished for it. Ceannasach's Word is Law, Chusi, you know the rule. I'm not trying to stifle you nor take away your freedoms but if you want to be an adult, to be treated like an adult you have to prove to me that you can handle it. Ignoring my orders or finding loop holes is not something an adult would do.” Not unless they wanted to face his ire.

He'd been lax with her and it showed. He'd been so strict with his eldest children and for the sake of wanting to be everything that Chusi deserved he wondered idly if he had not accidentally done more damage than good. “I'm not saying you can't explore. I'm telling you to go prepared. Get an experienced scout to do his or her duty first by helping you and then go with them. Learn what you can from those with more experience then you, Chusi. You will benefit more from learning from someone that knows what they are doing then you will fumbling around on your own. There is wisdom to taking advantage of the knowledge of others.” It was like her leading lessons: he would never throw her into the lion's den unprepared. "Their knowledge is yours for the taking, so learn from them. Take what they have to teach you."
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
whiskey is good proofing water - by Arturo - November 01, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: whiskey is good proofing water - by Chusi - November 02, 2016, 09:53 AM
RE: whiskey is good proofing water - by Arturo - November 02, 2016, 02:04 PM
RE: whiskey is good proofing water - by Chusi - November 04, 2016, 05:39 PM
RE: whiskey is good proofing water - by Arturo - November 05, 2016, 07:12 AM
RE: whiskey is good proofing water - by Chusi - November 06, 2016, 07:04 AM
RE: whiskey is good proofing water - by Arturo - November 06, 2016, 12:24 PM