Northstar Vale The little deaths are a little less, even if just for a moment
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
She knew it was stupid, but that didn't make her any less indignant when he spat back in her face. Warbone was huge and intimidating, and submitting to him was as automatic as breathing, but she was also a leader. She owned the vale with him, not under him, no matter how she behaved, and the hair on her back shot up aggressively. There was really nothing she could do against him, especially with blood still oozing into her pelt from countless fresh wounds, but Saena nevertheless thought to make her utter displeasure known. She could hardly stand, but she rumbled a fearsome growl as if she could.

Maybe it was being injured and backed into a metaphorical corner that made her so brazen when she snapped, "I know! Excuse me for tarnishing your reputation." She didn't even know what he meant by it. Her fight with Wildfire was entirely personal, and had nothing to do with Duskvale or him, and she didn't understand the connection. "I won," she grumbled, hissed even, but it made no difference. Warbone threatened her all the same, both physically with an agitated lash of his tail and verbally, and she gaped openly at him.

Was he a worse wolf than Reek, then? Reek had never stifled her freedom, though it had driven him to seek another and toss her aside, little did she know. Would he truly attack her if she so much as set foot outside the vale? With a vicious snarl and ears pinned down, she moved to push past him, swaying dizzily on her feet as she went, in an effort to avoid the entire discussion. She didn't know if she could do what he insisted, anyway. It lanced her deeply to know he would have no qualms with fighting her over it, though she never said it, if only because that came from her emotional side, and she didn't think he would give two shits about that.