I was a smart kid, but I hated school.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Silvermane, considering the fact that it seems like part of your writing is getting cut off on the new writing thing, you might wanna see if you can fix that.

Majesty took a moment to bow to his subordinates out of respect. Then he sat and listened as they talked. They seemed most interested in the small herd of deer that frequented the island, but Majesty was worried they were missing a point. He waited as they finished speaking, and then cleared his throat. It was his turn.

"Well, first of all, high tide and low tide are effected by a multitude of things, two of those being the sun and the moon. Though, from what I've discovered, it seems that for the most part, the high and low tides are always about twelve hours apart, and happen at around noon and, conversely, at around midnight."

He looked out towards the mainland, even though he couldn't see it due to the forest and the cliffs. "For example, right now it's early morning, and the tides are going down. That means that around noon, we'll have a low tide. And at around midnight tonight, we'll have a high tide, where our paws will not be able to touch the sandbar and we would have to swim to get off the island. So, our best bet if we wanted to hunt the deer would be to do so sometime around noon, when the tide is low and the deer would be most likely to cross."

At this, he looked back at his pack-mates. "However, I want to caution you against hunting too many of the deer unless we are low on other prey. We need to pick them off slowly - meaning waiting months at a time in between hunting them - to give their numbers time to replenish. If we hunt the herd into extinction, that won't help us at all. What do you two think?"
Messages In This Thread
I was a smart kid, but I hated school. - by Beric - May 28, 2014, 11:59 AM
RE: I was a smart kid, but I hated school. - by Majesty - May 29, 2014, 11:44 AM
RE: I was a smart kid, but I hated school. - by Beric - June 16, 2014, 08:41 PM