Stone Circle Don't Eat Me Mama Bear
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She swiped a paw towards him in play, and he gave a jerk of his body, as if he was going to go after it in play, but it seemed they both understood that real play wasn't in the cards just now. Steady was worried he would wear her out, and, really, there was still too much adrenaline running through his veins and he knew he needed to relax.

Her words humbled him, but they also scared him. He turned serious as his gaze followed the trail of the intruder. Don't give your life for it, he said softly. Anything but that, he added, turning his head to look at her. There had been so much death, and Steady didn't feel like any of them should fight so hard as to lose their life defending land. They could always move again, but they could never bring back the dead.

He gave a soft smile at the update that the pups were doing good. That's great to hear, he said, his voice excited. I've wanted to stop by, but I thought I'd be intruding. Now that I'm invited, I'll definitely swing by, he said. While he was Alpha, and maybe technically had the right to go wherever he wanted, he simply wasn't that kind of wolf, Alpha or not. He respected the space and privacy of his family.

His expression turned serious once more as Amber asked if they would be able to call upon her sisters to come and meet the newest additions of Easthollow. Steady had not forgotten his promise to Grayday to be as bendable as possible, knowing the family of Amber would want to come and meet the pups. But, with recent events, and the murder of one of their own, he didn't immediately answer yes, as in the past he might have. Instead, he gave himself a few moments to try and think of an alternative, or maybe a compromise. I'm fine if someone would like to go and announce the birth of your pups, he admitted. You could ask Valette, since she's a Scout, or maybe Philos or Rickon, or maybe even Grayday himself if he wants to. Having a wolf gone for a day or so wouldn't be a big issue. However, with the murder of Althaia, and now this intruder, I am more hesitant to grant them access to our home, he admitted, his voice neutral, hoping she would understand. But, I would feel better if they came one at a time, maybe enough to say they can come in. It wasn't one hundred percent yes, but it wasn't a no, either.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Amber - November 30, 2016, 08:53 AM
RE: Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Steady - November 30, 2016, 11:09 AM
RE: Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Amber - December 01, 2016, 10:46 PM
RE: Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Steady - December 04, 2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Amber - December 10, 2016, 07:27 AM
RE: Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Steady - December 11, 2016, 09:32 PM
RE: Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Amber - December 16, 2016, 01:46 PM
RE: Don't Eat Me Mama Bear - by Steady - December 18, 2016, 09:51 PM