Redhawk Caldera when i see you again.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey held tightly to every word her mother spoke, her fascination apparent upon her youthful face. She thought of her grandparents and imagined a packload of aunts and uncles that awaited her somewhere to the south. More and more questions raved through her mind, but she held them back as her mom continued. They would not disappear - they would merely wait for the appropriate time to be asked, and in the middle of Finley's story was certainly not the right time for it. She wanted her mom to keep going; to tell her everything so that she could daydream and then just dream about these fascinating new characters in her mother's life.

But, then it all came to an abrupt and awful halt.

The girl's face fell as she saw it happen. Almost like a true, physical blow, she witnessed her mother crumple under the sudden, terrible misery. Liffey whined as she nudged her mom, feeling guilty that she had somehow caused this to happen. There was nothing for her to say, and nothing for her to do as she watched her mother fight back tears, then put a on her bravest of false smiles and ask her to find her brother.

Liffey heard the dismissal in her mother's voice. She felt the sting of it in spite of herself, but she nodded obediently nonetheless and stood. She paused, uncertain before reaching to plant a single kiss on Finley's chin. "Love you, moms," Liffey murmured softly before she turned and trotted off back towards the rendezvous site - tears pooling in her own eyes. Liffey's tears had little to do with her own hurt, but were mirrored to the ones that she knew were sliding down her mother's cheeks now, even though she did not turn back to look and see them.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
when i see you again. - by Finley - December 03, 2016, 06:08 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 03, 2016, 08:41 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 03, 2016, 08:51 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 03, 2016, 09:05 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 03, 2016, 09:20 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 03, 2016, 09:30 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 08, 2016, 07:44 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 08, 2016, 08:45 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Finley - December 08, 2016, 08:57 PM
RE: when i see you again. - by Liffey - December 08, 2016, 09:07 PM