make me feel alive
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

It was impossible for Ragnar to entirely relax, especially now that he would have to tell his Wardens and eventually Pump to stretch their patrols to include the shore. It was a whole extra stretch of land they had not previously worried about and though Ragnar would never relent on his duties it irritated him because it was an extra hour or two taken away from the time he set aside specifically for Thistle and their babies; all because of some annoying, over eager wolf who thought what it took to be an alpha (wow Ragnar’s thoughts are harsh >__>) and couldn’t suck it up under his present leaders’ rule — as it was Ragnar was a harsh critic when it came to leaders because his culture only accepted the best of the best; anything less and they’d be dinner for the vultures. There were more practical ways of dealing with a leader you couldn’t stand aside from settling practically right on top of a pre-established pack who, frankly had a right to be hostile about it — providing it was the case, of course. Ragnar didn’t know for sure and wouldn’t, until he approached them; however Ragnar was far from incompetent and had been around long enough to know the signs of a newly found pack. The Gods alone knew how many of these slipping and sliding packs he had raided, and chased away from the Cove.

If Ragnar could get Pump on his side about it he would make sure they realized the mistake they made; but he was on the fence about how she would react because when he thought she would side with him (namely like with the bear) she had totally floored the Viking and been lenient, brushed it off as if it were no big deal (a fact that a bear had demolished several of their caches and had tried to kill the three/four of them was a big deal). There was about a fifty-fifty chance she would go either way. Either she would care or …she wouldn’t. It wasn’t even a matter of “oh I didn’t know” because Horizon Ridge was one of the oldest packs in the valley. He wanted to fight, to break and tear them down for being so callous and ignorant but he was on a tight leash and did not have the liberty to do whatever he pleased. As it was, he was already making plans to just “talk” well no, talk wasn’t the right word. To warn. That much was within his power.

Slowly, Ragnar focused back in upon Thistle feeling a relief at the first thing that popped out of her mouth: a question of why they would claim land so close. For a second he had considered that Thistle might have tried to soothe him and tell him he was being paranoid and worrying for no reason; or worse yet that it was no big deal. But she didn’t. “Suicidal,” Ragnar offered giving away what he had planned for trespassers without really meaning too. Ragnar snorted at her worrying about them turning some of their own against them. “I don’t think that will happen,” Ragnar had not been impressed on what he had seen of Majesty. Maybe it was arrogant of Ragnar to be so self assured but it was what it was. If he did then those wolves would be traitors and Ragnar did not take traitors with any kind of lightness. It was their own death warrant they would be signing the day they abandoned the pack — Ragnar wouldn’t begrudge anyone leaving it was a choice but on the same turn he would not tolerate those who would abandon. “Listen,” He attempted to grasp his wife’s attention and went to her then, closing the gap between them with a regal ease, drawing close until they were chest to chest his tongue smoothing over her sandy colored scruff. “I do not know if they are a pack or not; but even if they are and even if the wolf I think leads them does he has met me and I do not think he wants to be on my bad side.” If Majesty thought what little he had seen of Ragnar had been bad he had yet to see what Ragnar could truly be. "He does not seem the raiding type." But that did not eliminate him as an enemy or a threat. Not by a long shot.

“If they are a pack their proximity poses a threat. The tide could easily carry them away from their goal without them knowing and they could end up in our lands. I know this. I have extended my patrols to cover the shore, too, and will be approaching the other wardens about it,” Ragnar had already considered it and had it covered as much as he could running off of assumptions, anyway. “No. I wasn’t going too until I knew for sure if it was a pack or not,” What if he got everyone worried for nothing? Ragnar did not think this was the case, but still. “I was going to take Verrine and see what he thinks about it and decide from there to approach,” Ragnar hesitated for a second. “Should I tell Pump now? I mean if it is nothing then it would be stupid to alert everyone. I have no proof.” But he wanted his wife’s opinion because he was torn between his instincts as once Jarl and the tug on his leash as only the Second in Command with no real decision making.

Ragnar liked to think that as his position as Head Warden he had some leeway when it came to the overall safety of the pack but he didn’t think that was the case and suddenly he was torn. Torn and hated it. If it was up to him alone he’d have went already, gave his grim warning to stay out of Horizon Ridge’s territory or die and then been on his way but it wasn’t up to him.

Messages In This Thread
make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 29, 2014, 02:48 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - May 29, 2014, 06:12 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 30, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - May 30, 2014, 02:41 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 30, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - May 30, 2014, 11:18 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 31, 2014, 12:26 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - June 01, 2014, 12:21 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - June 02, 2014, 06:41 AM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - June 03, 2014, 01:09 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - June 04, 2014, 07:51 AM