Barrow Fields where weird and grim the standing stones
/ | \
197 Posts
Ooc — Melee
She wasn't quite prepared for her brother to wholeheartedly tell her everything, but she appreciated it and lost her worries in the deep rhythm of his voice. He told her of some things that she knew, and plenty that she didn't— but for her part, she remained quiet and listened in earnest. She bit her tongue when he spoke of Rowan, for Deirdre had told her of that particular development— the illegitimate half-siblings were a stain upon her father's memory, but she couldn't bear to tell Casmir what she thought of the situation and risk losing him to silence, too. And she felt her heart swell for him, too— for his openness, for his effort to explain things she wouldn't have understood in her youth but could, now. Emaleth felt closer to him. There was an honesty and authenticity to their relationship that somehow the dark she-wolf did not share with her twin.

"I left Donnelaith," she told him, then swiftly elaborated, "For good."

"There is an alliance, and I do not believe in it. Donnelaith should be sovereign— but it is Deirdre's, and I will not undermine all that she has worked for. And I am tired of being her shadow in that place. It is so different now. It doesn't feel like home." She felt her voice tremble at that, for she hadn't admitted that to anyone yet— not even to herself. To say it aloud bore some finality. "There are places I could go, but I don't know what I want. I don't think I ever have, but I know I will never find out if I stay there. It is Deirdre's place. I need to find my own."

"It was hard to leave her," she said quietly. "It feels like I am betraying her."

Then, as suddenly as it dawned on her, Emaleth told him: "I want to learn to fight."
Messages In This Thread
where weird and grim the standing stones - by Emaleth - December 16, 2016, 10:39 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Casmir - December 17, 2016, 11:50 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Emaleth - December 17, 2016, 11:59 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Casmir - December 18, 2016, 03:27 AM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Emaleth - December 18, 2016, 11:53 AM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Casmir - December 18, 2016, 07:59 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Emaleth - December 19, 2016, 09:40 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Casmir - December 22, 2016, 12:16 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Emaleth - December 29, 2016, 10:53 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Casmir - December 30, 2016, 11:05 PM
RE: where weird and grim the standing stones - by Emaleth - January 01, 2017, 11:45 PM