make me feel alive
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

“I did say I didn’t think he wants on my bad side, not that he wouldn’t put himself there,” He corrected her with a grim sort of grin that was so far from holding mirth. In the fact of it was a cutting and dangerous thing, more of a forbidding bearing of his teeth than anything. The truth of the matter was, Majesty had been on Ragnar’s ‘Watch List’ from the day Ragnar had (more or less) chased him out of Ravensblood Forest and if Ragnar’s suspicions proved to be true the Viking’s preconceived opinion of the earthen colored man wasn’t bound to improve. It would merely skirt him higher in the savage’s bad graces — which was not a good place to be. “I may be a leader but she is our alpha and she should be made aware but if it is nothing I do not want territorial judgments on my part to make her question my abilities,” There was always the chance that Ragnar’s gut was wrong, that he was just being overly territorial and suspicious; Ragnar did not think this was the case but he held his abilities and knowledge highly upon himself. It would be a ugly thing of Ragnar was demoted and it would end very badly for one of them, if not both. He did not want to have that kind of angry fight with Pump, did not want to challenge her for her rank because he did not want the Ridge and if circumstance and Odinn would see to a victory in this theoretical scenario he did not want rebellion. Surely there were plenty of wolves that would side with Pump.

“This is an Outrider trip, to serve both for Verrine, if he agrees, as training for the Trade mostly. The fact that I think it might also be the discovery of a newly formed pack is it’s second purpose. I have decided that if it is a pack then I will, as Beta and Head Warden, approach and warn them about coming into the mainland on our shores,” Surely that much was within his power to do. “Then I will come back and speak to Pump once I know for sure if it is or isn’t and we can decide what to do about it further.” It sounded logical to Ragnar who did not want to make a giant scene, involve Pump, whom if it turned out to be nothing, had better things to do than follow her Beta’s suspicions. Ragnar had considered letting Gavriil know about the possibility but thought better of it, figuring the Delta might alert Pump to it and cause what Ragnar was trying to avoid until he had some kind of tangible proof, either way. The Viking had to tackle only one thing at a time. “I am fine, my love,” He insisted when she spoke of stretching himself thin. He was built to push himself, pushed himself often even when he had been nothing more than the Jarl’s ‘Middle Son’ (aka the Ignored Son). He was conditioned to go past his normal breaking point and he was young (and admittedly restless).

“I shouldn’t be gone for any more than a day, they are not far away but I have to retrace my original trail through the Totoka River and into Sea Lion Shores,” Which were all in close proximity to Horizon Ridge. “Do not be stubborn if you need assistance. Keep them out of the den but if you need food or something call for someone. Nerian or Gavriil. If they ask where I am tell them I went on an Outrider trip. It is not a lie but they don’t need any more information that that.” Ragnar was confident that Thistle could handle herself and the children for a day (maybe two) by herself, though Ragnar did not intend to make the trip very long.

Messages In This Thread
make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 29, 2014, 02:48 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - May 29, 2014, 06:12 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 30, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - May 30, 2014, 02:41 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 30, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - May 30, 2014, 11:18 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - May 31, 2014, 12:26 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - June 01, 2014, 12:21 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - June 02, 2014, 06:41 AM
RE: make me feel alive - by Thistle Cloud - June 03, 2014, 01:09 PM
RE: make me feel alive - by Ragnar - June 04, 2014, 07:51 AM