Stavanger Bay Listen to Your Heart
I've seen all the demons that you've got.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
She nodded thoughtfully, basking in the comfort of her companion. Just a year ago, she too had been an awkward proportioned teenager. She had come a long way since then, and not simply because she still smelled so sweetly of milk. "Just because they won't need milk doesn't mean they won't need us." Muses remarked, her tone smooth, comforting. She wondered if Doe would miss the time when her offspring were so small and fragile, fully dependent on her for their survival. "I am thankful that my life was spared, but I do miss Deirdre." Such a sorrowful note lingered in her words that Muses was surprised that she did not simply shatter there and then. Missing someone made her miss the cold of her only love, the mountains, all the more, but she remained tight lipped after that.

Doe's presence was comforting, and she clung to it, allowing it to warm her heart, to fill it with love. She had half a mind to protest when the other stood, but was stopped by her words. "What kind of offering?" It piqued her curiosity enough to encourage her to rise, dirty fur clinging in mats to her frame. The smell of dried milk and soot made her feel ill, but she curled her toes into the sand and steadied herself. No wolves in Donnelaith made offerings, as far as she knew, but the concept was not foreign to her. She had done so as a pup, along with her siblings, parents, and other family members. Once, when she had still been very young, her family had made offerings to her, so that she may not be tricked when speaking the truth, when an outsider male had to be tried for reasons that Muses had not fully understood at the time. Expression solemn, she stuck near to Doe, as if the smaller wolf was all she needed for support.
Messages In This Thread
Listen to Your Heart - by Muses - January 01, 2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Listen to Your Heart - by Doe - January 01, 2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Listen to Your Heart - by Muses - January 01, 2017, 06:34 PM
RE: Listen to Your Heart - by Doe - January 01, 2017, 06:50 PM
RE: Listen to Your Heart - by Muses - January 01, 2017, 07:53 PM
RE: Listen to Your Heart - by Doe - January 06, 2017, 12:21 AM