Bramblepoint I won't stumble back
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
being extremely vague about fox + co. and assume he conveniently wandered away right before she died.

Seeing his adopted older sister lurking around the outer territories of Redhawk Caldera did not surprise him. He had been doing so himself, lately, unsure of where exactly he belonged. She, he assumed, was doing the exact same thing, or would have no use in sitting quite dejectedly. Maybe it was Peregrine, he figured. Jackrabbit didn't exactly know if she knew about the death of their father, but by the way she held herself, nothing else held the same weary air than utter and true despair. However, she was not alone. A girl of younger age than him and one he briefly recalled met Wildfire before he could himself, and he shifted, uncomfortable with the notion of prancing on up into a situation where he was a stranger. 

He turned to flee, but was held stuck in his tracks, a subconscious nagging that warned him that, should he take his leave, he may never see her again. It tugged at his mind and he found himself turning back to the scene and slowly walking towards the duo. When it was made clear he stood out awkwardly, just standing there, he sat down beside the red woman, ignoring the budding conversation that was destined to start. He was there for Wildfire, and her alone. 

He silently, and almost solemnly, he laid himself down beside his sister to rest his chin on the soil below. He did not break their conversation but his presence seemed to lurk right there, out of the fact anything he could say would probably and accidentally make the mood worse. Afterall Jackrabbit had only met the woman once, back when he had been a total drama queen upon her sharing with him that she resided elsewhere; he had zero experience dealing with her emotions and even less so now that they were totally different people from the months they had never spoken again. He didn't even know the other girl at all.

But that had been of happier times than the ones they equally shared (or that he had been experiencing his whole damn life). Redhawk Caldera had been a brief yet joyus stint in his timeline, breaking the cloud of death shortly before he could run no longer from his curse. Little did he know that yet again, his presence had brought the reaper to their doorstep, and a fact that would surely break him beyond the guilt he already felt for everything idiotic he had ever done. But, after seconds that seemed like hours of his misplaced presence, he awkwardly found himself shimmying his body closer to the older sister he didn’t really know; finding that he couldn’t ignore the weight of anguish that hung heavily in the air.

@Wildfire jack can be skipped this round!
Messages In This Thread
I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 02, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 02, 2017, 04:35 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Jackrabbit - January 02, 2017, 04:55 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 02, 2017, 07:42 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 02, 2017, 08:04 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 10, 2017, 06:23 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 14, 2017, 10:17 AM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 25, 2017, 12:55 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - January 25, 2017, 08:35 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Wildfire - January 26, 2017, 02:25 PM
RE: I won't stumble back - by Liffey - February 02, 2017, 08:50 PM