Redhawk Caldera unrequited sass
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
It wasn't that she didn't notice how torn up Finley was as she looked upon Wildfire (who was, on the technicality of blood, Magpie's niece and not hers), it was that the Corvidae couldn't bring herself to care. Fox and Peregrine had been the source of so much contention in the she-wolf's life, and the gray agouti woman was guilty by close association. Her niece had done right in getting away from this place and had been successful in establishing herself elsewhere— though Magpie felt some ire at that, simply because she was unable to do the same, she also felt immense pride for Wildfire. It likely shone in her eyes when she glanced at her, though the emotion was completely replaced with Finley's next words.

At that, Magpie was unsure how to react. She had come back here to give the Redhawk Royalty the piss for her troubles, but that seemed less appropriate now. Part of her felt sad, she supposed— that they'd never be able to work through their shit and hug it out like it was an episode of Full House— but another, awful, sinful, cruel part of her wanted to erupt into laughter. Sure, they had created this place and way, way too many babies— but they had died, and here Magpie was, the lowest of the low, and she was still alive. It wasn't exactly the kind of justice she had expected, but in her opinion, she had still won.

Magpie did her best to look suitably sad, then, and murmured, "I'm so sorry, Wifi." It was the presence of her niece that tempered the Corvidae's reaction— had the fiery Redhawk been absent, she might have launched into some sort of gloating tirade, careful to dodge the attacks that Finley would surely have attempted to fling. But she couldn't do that to her niece, the only worthy family she had left in these Wilds. That was something, oddly, to feel sad about.

She had wanted to make a conquest here, solely so she could shove it down Fox and Peregrine's respective throats. Without them, there was no reason for her to stay— she could have left with Summer, to rule with him in some distant land, to have enough sex that the Redhawk brood would look small in comparison. Magpie's expression soured, though it was likely to be mistaken for grief.

She drew near her niece and gave a comforting lick against the she-wolf's cheek, before turning and leaving them both without another word. Fuck this place for fucking her over every chance it got.

Magpie out. Deuces.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
unrequited sass - by OG Magpie - December 29, 2016, 08:48 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by Wildfire - December 29, 2016, 10:04 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by Finley - December 31, 2016, 05:55 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by OG Magpie - January 01, 2017, 10:52 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by Wildfire - January 01, 2017, 11:00 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by Finley - January 02, 2017, 04:09 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by OG Magpie - January 02, 2017, 10:33 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by Wildfire - January 02, 2017, 11:00 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by Finley - January 09, 2017, 07:15 PM
RE: unrequited sass - by Wildfire - January 10, 2017, 09:31 AM
RE: unrequited sass - by Finley - January 14, 2017, 09:07 AM