Sun Mote Copse make me cry
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
I think we had a bit of ghost posting, so I'm going to play it as Honey arrived after Ragna's howl and took the children, if I need to change that just let me know.

Giana's howl was a shock to Asherah's ears. She exited her den and stared at the cold grey sky a moment, wondering and thinking. Why would Giana choose to leave them with children at her breast? What had they done to displease Molech so? Was this suffering brought on by Eshamun's sins? Asherah found no answers in the grey sky and turned and headed toward the howl, a weariness in her breast.

It lead not to the outskirts, which surprised her, but to Giana's den. Did the woman mean to make her case for leaving? Whatever the reason, Asherah would be hurt and bitter and would disapprove. She liked Giana, even loved her as a sister of the Malkaria should. Two bodies stood without the den already, Ragna and Honey. She could smell Giana but it took her a moment to peer around Ragna and Honey to realize the nature of her farewell, to scent the smell of death on the air. Asherah's heart throbbed and a soft gasp escaped her chest. How had this happened? Had the children's birth been too much? Surely Bastian could have helped if Giana would have told them. Asherah then remembered the woman's distrust of the man and understood. She had suffered in silence, proud and wary of the stranger.

Not waiting for a greeting she moved into the den to prove to herself that it was true, that Giana was dead. The sight of the woman's body made her chest clench, however peaceful her face . "Sweet sister, may Molech embrace you with many arms and carry you into the light. May you know peace at the side of the Many Armed God." She whispered softly, tears forming in the corners of her eyes. What was wrong? Why were they being punished? She kissed Giana's brow, then cheeks a final time, her heart heavy.

"Was she already gone when you arrived?" She asked it of both of them, not knowing who had come first. Her gaze slid between Ragna and Honey. She realized she had not greet them, and moved forward to offer first Ragna an embrace, the awkward charged tensions of Asherah's heat now past them in her mind, and then to offer the same to Honey. Her gaze turned on the children and found them well, alive. They did not smell of sickness. A small spot of light amidst the darkness. Her expression was dark as she regarded the young ones.

"This was a needless loss." Her voice was full of sorrow. For a moment she wanted to ask someone, Eshamun, what to do next, but there was no Eshamun to ask. "We will bury Giana in her birthing den." That would save some work with the hard ground, and served more meaning than any old spot. "We will raise her children as she would have wished them raised. From this moment forward we will share a communal nursing den among mothers. No mother ever need suffer in silence, children will always have a watchful eye on them. We can raise Giana's children together, so no one mother feels stretched. Molech watch over us, deliver us from this darkness." Her eyes closed as she slipped into a prayer, but they soon opened again as the words whisked away from her lips. 

She found herself staring at the children again. "We should get them out of the cold. Can they stay in your den, for now, Honey until the burial is complete?" She raised her eyes to the mother, but glanced to Ragna as well. Did Ragna wish to watch the children? Perhaps she wanted children of her own without sacrificing pieces of herself, allowing herself to be true to her Kurgarru nature?

Messages In This Thread
make me cry - by Giana - January 05, 2017, 01:15 PM
RE: make me cry - by Honey - January 05, 2017, 05:03 PM
RE: make me cry - by Ragna - January 05, 2017, 05:15 PM
RE: make me cry - by Asherah - January 05, 2017, 06:19 PM
RE: make me cry - by Aurora Artemis - January 05, 2017, 07:34 PM
RE: make me cry - by Honey - January 06, 2017, 03:48 PM
RE: make me cry - by Calypso - January 07, 2017, 06:32 PM