Sea Lion Shores The Sea as my guide, but the Moon as my prayer
5 Posts
Ooc — inactive
Ouu! What's the hover code? I just can't remember it, so I can't do the hover thing.

At first, the woman's reaction indicated that she was not familiar with Laneira's tongue. She considered, in that moment, that she could speak in English, as much as she often refrained from doing so, simply because this was a wolf who enjoyed the ocean and she deserved a greeting in a tongue she understood. To Laneira, English was a lower language, used by wolves who had no culture or beliefs, and could simply be ignored, though there were those who came to the Nereides from the wilds who yearned to be a part of their culture, and who acclimatized to it fairly well. It took time and patience, teaching all the rituals and the language, but if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. 

But to her surprise and delight, the woman spoke in Greek, and Laneira found herself wondering for a moment if she had not come to a land in which a pack was already well established. She was about to speak and enquire further when the male approached; she'd forgotten his name already, if he'd even given her one, and cast a wary glance his way. Had he followed her? The other woman's reaction did not startle Laneira, but pleased her. It appeared as though she was of a similar background; some Nereides were more lenient toward males, but Laneira was of the more traditional upbringing which meant that she viewed them as little more than servants. Obviously, this female did not like being interrupted as she lashed out, inferring that he should back off and leave them in peace. Laneira, naturally, agreed, and bared her teeth, curling her alabaster tail over her back in a warning. 

He had been quiet before, but she wasn't sure she liked the idea that she'd seen him again so soon...He must have been trailing them. She then turned her face away, simply assuming he would back off and leave them to have their conversation, and addressed the woman before her. "Είστε ένας Νηρηίδες, στη συνέχεια," She said, her tone obviously pleased. "Είμαι Laneira Νηρηίδες, σειρήνα πτυχή, της Sirensong όρμο." She said. "Στην οποία αδελφότητα να ανήκετε?" She asked, then, keen on discovering which group this female belonged to. 

"You are of the Nereides, then," she sadi, her tone obviously pleased. "I am Laneira Nereides, siren aspect, of Sirensong Cove. To which sisterhood do you belong?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: The Sea as my guide, but the Moon as my prayer - by Laneira - January 05, 2017, 10:37 PM