Northstar Vale my mind, my gun, they comfort me
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Never had she intended to startle the other female, but it seemed as if she had anyways. Realizing the sort of reaction she’d caused, Asterr looked at her with an apologetic gaze. It’d remained like that for hardly a blink’s worth of time before becoming sympathetic. Solely due to the tone used she had initially felt sorry for the stranger, but then she’d noticed the child that was with her and her focus shifted. The marks that marred her body spoke to the woman, reminding her of the dangers that came with a dragon’s breath, but why a child so young had been engulfed by fire was an answer that she might never receive; this she cared not for, anyways, knowing better than to sit back and ask questions in a time such as the present. Whatever the duo had experienced was a story for some other time as the Chieftess switched modes, no longer a friendly stranger but a worried medic—worried for the wounds that scarred the little girl’s body, and for the exhaustion that her assumed caretaker was surely feeling.

As a mother, she longed to step forward and carefully embrace the girl, to take away her pain and mend her battered body. But, despite how strongly her desire to do so was, she’d held herself back. She would not overstep any boundaries and risk scaring the eldest of the pair off, feeling the need to help her, too. Her internal struggle hadn’t prevented her from answering, as was revealed with a simple nod of her head. “My tribe is located just a short ways from here,” she’d said, not the least bit hesitant. “Come, I will take you there. We will restore both the child and yourself the best that we are able.” She thought not of what others might say or how she might be looked at for offering resources to a stranger. In Asterr’s mind, it was far better to help those in need than leave them to suffer, which was exactly what she intended to do. With that thought in mind, she’d asked, “Are you able to carry her, or would you allow for me to do so?” Whilst Witch clearly needed more medical attention, the dragoness could not bring herself to completely disregard the comfort of her guardian.

Once an answer had been given, the woman complied with her wishes and, after ensuring that no one was at risk of keeling over, began leading the child and her protector back to the lair. Once there, she'd treated them both, then left them to rest and heal in her medical chamber.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Starbuck - December 31, 2016, 12:22 PM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Witchhazel - January 01, 2017, 08:47 PM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Asterr - January 03, 2017, 11:45 AM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Starbuck - January 03, 2017, 08:33 PM
RE: my mind, my gun, they comfort me - by Asterr - January 06, 2017, 02:34 AM