Sunbeam Lair See, you almost would be gone if you couldn’t wait for me
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Going to wrap this up so that we can make room for any potential new activities. Thanks for sticking with this for so long, guys! ♥

Though the story had been drawn to an end, the effects of the words had remained. To see the way in which her tribe had responded to the tale filled her with a feeling of comfort, knowing that they truly were of her family; not her blood, but definitely family. She’d expected verbal responses, to a certain extent, meaning that she’d not been prepared for questions. When such a sentence had fallen from Avannon’s lips she’d looked in the other female’s direction, but said nothing. The fate that had befallen the three families had been merciful indeed, and yet, she’d found herself hesitating prior to delivering an answer. Perhaps, she considered, it was because she felt as if the fate bestowed upon them was unlike anything that might ever be expected from a Draconid. It had been terrible after the war, she’d heard, but now… well, everything seemed fine, so perhaps answering would not be a terrible thing to do.

“There are,” she began, each word to be selected carefully. “When the war was won and the three families fell, my ancestors spared them their lives in exchange for their servitude. Those that had denied the offer were killed, along with their immediate families. To this day, descendants of those that had been wise enough to accept the offer walk the Earth, as well as serve my family unconditionally.” Whilst they were still only servants, the way in which they were treated had changed drastically throughout the countless generations. Peace had calmed the fires burning within each dragon and thus allowed for them to better treat and understand the three families. It was a practice that the vessel had been brought up with, having even acquired for herself a personal servant from each of the families; said servants had been sent back to their homes prior to her leaving the tribe, for Asterr had wished not to bring them along with her on her journey.

Thereafter, the tribe had been dismissed, the telling of her family’s history having taken a lot from her mentally and emotionally. She’d bid her farewells to each and every member before having left, and then gathered up her hatchlings and led them back to the Chieftess’ den. In the future, she would bring them all together once more, for the sharing of histories could be a glorious thing. For now, however, the dragoness saw her children off to bed and then laid her own body down in order to rest along with them.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
RE: See, you almost would be gone if you couldn’t wait for me - by Asterr - January 16, 2017, 03:36 AM