Moonspear i stood like a rock against the storm
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Pyx had noted the despairing howl of Alastor on the wind. She hadn't ventured out to see the source, for she wasn't keen on getting cold. She'd bundled herself up in her den, venturing out only occasionally. She didn't like the fierceness of the cold, the way it seemed to bite directly to her bones. She'd made sure to watch the herb cache, of course, keeping it clean and dry. There wasn't a whole lot she could do in the way of stocking now- not with the snow frozen overtop the plants. Something did grow in winter, but most things would not grow in ice.

When Amekaze's howl came for the princesses, though, she couldn't keep herself in. She trudged out into the crunching mess of white and made her way towards the woman's voice. She wanted to check in with everyone, make sure no one was sick or wanting. Perhaps she could find out what Alastor had been howling about too. The red wolf came upon her leader tearing ice away from a deer. Pyx took in the body for a moment, noting that it bore no marks of violence. It surprised and frightened her to realize that it had frozen to death. She chuffed to alert Amekaze and made her way forward.

"Did it die of cold?" She asked, hoping against hope that perhaps Ame had felled it somehow. "I didn't think it was that terrible, that's frightening to think it froze to death. Is the pack alright? I heard Alastor howling...but I didn't know what happened." She trailed away, falling silent. She moved to the rear of the deer and leaned against it's rump, hoping her body heat would help thaw it out. She, of course, would not attempt to eat until Amekaze had, knowing the pecking order.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

Messages In This Thread
i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 17, 2017, 01:24 AM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 18, 2017, 05:54 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 18, 2017, 09:06 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 20, 2017, 07:23 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 25, 2017, 11:43 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 27, 2017, 11:29 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - February 01, 2017, 04:54 AM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - February 07, 2017, 07:26 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - February 15, 2017, 03:39 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - February 20, 2017, 06:10 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - March 05, 2017, 04:15 AM