Ravensblood Forest I'm taking full control this time
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
in lieu of cleaning up threadlogs this is going to be the last post for arturo & me (i sincerely apologize for the wait on this!) <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
“I very rarely tell anyone,” Arturo offered to her “I never knew”. His struggles had been his own and he did not want pity for the hell he’d lived as a child all because of what his mother had lain with, all because she had conceived him. Arturo’s mixed blood was not his fault but he had suffered for it nevertheless. The struggles of then, and even the discrimination he faced now as an adult made him strong. He took something twisted and debilitating and made it his own weapon. “Even as an adult I face discrimination for my mixed blood.” The sneer’s, the “thou art holier than you” superiority complex that some wolves harbored over him was like an itch beneath his skin but he was not a child and the gangster did not have to prove himself anymore. He had nothing to prove to anyone and he would not give into them by jumping through their hoops to prove that he was something (especially when it only made him look the fool and worked against him). At least his children did not suffer the same discrimination as he being more wolf than they were coyote. Cynbel’s DNA lingered within their own but it was such a small percentage diluted by Boadicea, Arturo and Duana’s pure blood own.

“Just because you are a warrior does not mean you have to let some child treat you like shit he stepped in. It’s disrespectful,” and regardless that Chusi did not want to be smothered (which was fine and Arturo knew he was guilty of that wanting her to have everything that she had been denied by her parents and Zephyr) surely she wanted to be respected by her spouse. If there was no respect there was nothing real about that relationship — but Arturo had very high standards on that front and would stick to his beliefs even if it meant fighting tooth and nail. “You want to be respected, don’t you?” Wasn’t that what she fought so hard for? Respect? “I will not tolerate anyone disrespecting you, regardless of how you feel about them,” He drew in a deep breath and left it out in a heavy exhale. “I am not trying to smother you, Chusi even though it seems like it. I only want the best for you because it’s what you deserve: the very best. You are my daughter and I love you unconditionally,” Just in case, in all his sternness she forgot that. “I only want to give you what your parents and Zephyr denied you. I don’t want you to ever feel unwanted or unloved. I suppose in my effort to make up for their failings I am giving too much and if I do, I apologize. I will take a step back and try not to be so overbearing.” Sometimes, admittedly, Arturo forgot that she was almost an adult.

His ears smoothed against the sharp angles of his crown and he offered her a sheepish twitch of his lips, a soft sway of his tail against his hocks. “You are Fearghal and you will always be my pride and joy even when we disagree with one another. Never forget that.” If anything her ability to think for her own only made him prouder (even if it infuriated him from time to time). “Patrol with me?” The gangster inquired with a gesture of his muzzle, though he left it an open question hoping that the softness of his fiery gaze told her she was not obligated in any shape or form to accept.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 11, 2016, 11:16 AM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 12, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 12, 2016, 03:39 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 13, 2016, 06:24 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 16, 2016, 02:16 PM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Arturo - December 17, 2016, 05:24 AM
RE: I'm taking full control this time - by Chusi - December 19, 2016, 03:41 PM