Broken Antler Fen let's show them we are better
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
At first, she didn't say anything. Instead, she stood there, silent. Nico was patient, however, and he waited silently, quietly appraising her with darkened green eyes. He could wait here all day if that was what she wanted - he didn't have anything better to do. He didn't have anything better to do than to listen to her speak about her feelings....wow, he hadb't realised how sad his life was until this moment. Nico shook those thoughts away, knowing that he was being a tad bit unfair on her, but he was still unable to prevent the overflowing feelings of bitterness from surfacing. They appeared in the creases on his face and in the way he stood, looking at her.

Aeronwyn spoke, telling him that she always prided herself in being a logical woman and that she thought it was a sign of strength. He wanted to interrupt, give her his own input, but restrained himself. Now wasn't the time, he thought. Nico would let her finish, let her say all she needed to say before he spoke. 

For once, her words were not firm and purposeful, but soft and faltering, and though he felt that he shouldn't be happy about it - he was. Because it meant that Aero was changing, becoming a better version of herself. She explained how she thought emotions were weak and how logic was best, and he nodded in understanding. Nico did understand how she felt because sometime ago, he had been like her as well, and then he had weakened and broke and split himself in two. 

His expression did not change when she spoke of hurting wolves and the Court. Rather, Nico sighed in disappointment. "Feelings aren't weak," he said softly. "They make us stronger, and we will be strongest when we know how to control them, not suppress them." He canted his head and regarded her wryly then. "But I suppose you know that now," he shrugged and took a step closer to her, eyes softening just a tad bit. "I know how you feel. I understand why you did it - I've been there before. And I know you know you were wrong in doing so. That's all that matters in the end, Aero. That you know you were wrong."

He breathed out and shifted his weight between his paws, then, if she allowed him to do so, he would rest his nose upon her cheek. "I forgive you," he murmured. "But I'm not 'better off' without you. I need you, and I can see you changing for the better. You're changing, and that's good, Aero. I'm not going to leave you because of your mistakes in the past. What matters is the present and the future, and I have faith in you," he said honestly, slowly withdrawing from her.

"I know you're afraid. I'm afraid too. That's normal. But...how about this? Let's not think ahead. We'll take it one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time..and see how it goes," he gazed at her gently and smiled softly. "You decide what you want to do with us." The ball was in her court now, and Nico, still smiling, knew that he would respect and understand whatever and whichever decision she decided to make now. It was her choice, as far as he was concened. He'd said all that he needed to say. It was her turn now.
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
Messages In This Thread
let's show them we are better - by Nico - January 21, 2017, 09:12 AM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Aeronwyn - January 21, 2017, 03:07 PM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Nico - January 21, 2017, 05:07 PM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Aeronwyn - January 21, 2017, 05:32 PM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Nico - January 21, 2017, 06:14 PM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Aeronwyn - January 21, 2017, 07:24 PM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Nico - January 22, 2017, 06:17 AM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Aeronwyn - January 23, 2017, 03:55 PM
RE: let's show them we are better - by Nico - January 27, 2017, 04:14 PM