Moonspear i stood like a rock against the storm
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Pyx nodded, pleased at least that she wasn't the only one. "Perhaps that would have helped me understand as well. He didn't seem to want to talk much at all." She couldn't really understand why he hadn't tried to adjust more. She supposed it was something he couldn't control, surely anyone would have changed if it meant keeping their life. "Definitely not," She agreed about the timing, continuing on that idea to ask another question. "Is the weather normally like this in winter? This cold and harsh? I haven't been here for a winter yet. My home had it's bad years, too, though I don't know if it was ever this bad." Was this what she could expect for every winter? It was good at least to know now what to expect, to be able to gather more herbs and stock the caches next time.

She was relieved again to hear about the girls doing well. She was sure she'd have heard if anything overly bad happened, but at least they weren't suffering anymore than anyone else did. She hummed her agreement. "I don't think anyone is old enough, to be honest. And those that are, are too old for it." She was trying to be humorous, though there was a small bit of truth in it. "If you get concerned enough for her, just let me know. I'm sure there's a herb to help with weight gain somewhere in the stores. I know of a few options, though I've never used them myself. It would increase her appetite, help her to hold onto the weight." Pyx could understand her worry, and while she wasn't quite sure Amekaze was wanting a treatment she still wanted the dark woman to know one was there.

"Yes, I'm sure having her sisters does help. Especially when you can't stay in the den with them. I'm sure they're growing terribly restless though, having to stay inside so much. I can't imagine they enjoy playing in the snow very much, considering how biting it is?" Her last was phrased as a question, and she glanced to Amekaze. "It's frightening that the cold is strong enough to kill the deer, even sick and alone, but I'd rather have them here than not. Much easier hunting, something frozen and dead. I'll be sure to look out for anymore and let you know if I find them."

She paused for a moment, eyes drifting off the the distance. Then, they returned to Amekaze. "Has there been any news of Floki?" He had gone scouting, she had found out. She had spent a few days nervous and wondering if he would approach her at any time over the conversation that she and Charon had. Hearing that he had gone scouting and hadn't returned however, worried her for more than her prospects of romance. He was a good wolf, a kind wolf. His loss would hurt the pack deeply reguardless of what future they may or may not have together, she too would mourn his loss.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

Messages In This Thread
i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 17, 2017, 01:24 AM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 18, 2017, 05:54 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 18, 2017, 09:06 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 20, 2017, 07:23 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 25, 2017, 11:43 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 27, 2017, 11:29 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - February 01, 2017, 04:54 AM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - February 07, 2017, 07:26 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - February 15, 2017, 03:39 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - February 20, 2017, 06:10 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - March 05, 2017, 04:15 AM