Alpine Lake Don't Say Goodbye
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away

The storm that had settled over the Teekon was not done with them. The skies had opened up yet again, and dumped an alarming amount of snow. It had been some time since she had last spoken to Judas, and the time for their meeting was drawing close. Normally she wouldn't have wanted to travel outside the pack with the weather the way it was, but she also wanted to be sure Judas and his pack were surviving. She left a scent marker at the border, telling any of the Moonspear wolves who found it that she would be back soon. She didn't want them to think that she'd simply vanished if something happened.

The going was rough, snow was well above her chest in some areas, making her feel like she was swimming if she managed to sink into it. She tried to keep her pace up, wanting to get out of the larger drifts as soon as possible. In some areas she thought that the snow actually went above her head, and she fearfully avoided it. The idea of being trapped under the snow, dark and cold, made her fur crawl. Perhaps she should have stayed home after all. Thankfully, as she neared the lake, the drifts seemed to drop to a more reasonable level. Her fur was frosted in white and more flakes were falling now.

She hoped it didn't start to come down any harder before she could return. She also hoped Judas hadn't forgotten her. She'd be very upset if she'd struggled to get here and he hadn't, although that would have been the better decision. As she neared, however, a howl went up. Her worries were gone, and she increased her speed, eager to talk to the man. She noted a figure sitting with their back to her, and a quick assessment and inhale told her it was Judas. She gave a relieved sigh, pausing to give herself a good shake. The snow was dislodged, but she knew it would soon be replaced by new flakes. 

"Judas!" She called out, not wanting to startle him. "I'm half surprised either of us made it here!" She cried, sounding breathless from the journey. "Was it hard going for you? The snow was nearly over my head in some places after that Blizzard. I thought about not coming...but I really wanted to be sure you were still doing alright with Malice." She chattered happily as she approached, grinning already. She had no idea what had happened to him, or what would await her when he turned. "So? How are things? Are you doing any better? You have to know I've missed you, otherwise I wouldn't have swam through the snow to see you." She laughed a little, pausing a polite distance from him.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

Messages In This Thread
Don't Say Goodbye - by Judas - January 27, 2017, 11:39 PM
RE: Don't Say Goodbye - by Pyx - January 27, 2017, 11:54 PM
RE: Don't Say Goodbye - by Judas - January 28, 2017, 12:02 AM
RE: Don't Say Goodbye - by Pyx - January 28, 2017, 12:46 AM
RE: Don't Say Goodbye - by Judas - January 28, 2017, 01:03 AM
RE: Don't Say Goodbye - by Pyx - January 28, 2017, 01:21 AM
RE: Don't Say Goodbye - by Judas - January 28, 2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Don't Say Goodbye - by Pyx - January 30, 2017, 06:55 PM