Duskfire Glacier usurped
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Hawthorn could see, could sense the other boy becoming increasingly annoyed and he felt a deep sense of satisfaction at his observation. He didn't necessarily want to wind the kid up, but it was an added bonus — his main goal was to get back at Eden, and by being her child, Kieran had inadvertently gotten himself into Hawthorn's 'potential victims' list by virtue of the fact that Eden was his mother. It wasn't by any means, his fault, Thorn was clever enough to know that, but while he thought himself to be a person of cold, rational logic, he was anything but that. He was first and foremost ruled by emotions, and though he might deny and say otherwise, his actions spoke louder than his words. Although, if Hawthorn continued down this path, the likelihood was that he would become the cold, calculating, logical man he wanted to be. 

Right now, however, he was just a child. A child ruled primarily by emotion, who didn't want to be ruled by emotion, who thought he wasn't ruled by emotion. Right now, he just wanted to be a pup again, where he knew nothing and didn't need to know anything. The shadow boy never once thought he would ever want to know nothing, but now, now, selfishly, he wished he was dead.

And so Hawthorn's eyes narrowed when Kieran spoke up. His lips thinned, his muzzle crinkled as he pulled his lips back in a threatening snarl. The boy rose, muscle tense, and towered over the younger child. He had been large as a pup, and was even larger now, and instinctively used it to his advantage. "Of course I have to be bitter," he hissed bitterly, with a bitter expression. "I've lost everything. My father, my mother, my sister, my brother - who's dead, by the way - I've lost my 'home', whatever the hell that is, I don't even know; I've lost my title, I've lost my rightful inheritance, I nearly lost my life and trust me, now, I very wish I did; and along the way, I've lost everyone else except my sister, and even she, I'm about to lose. I've got nothing left, nothing to live for. The only thing keeping me alive is the fact that I want vengeance, and the only thing keeping me here is my sister, the only family I have left. Everyone else betrayed me, everyone else left me. So, yes, I'm soooooo sorry I'm soooo fucking bitter, but I don't see you losing your family or anything else, for that matter! You've gained an inheritance, a name, something, everything. I've lost everything and you've gained everything. So don't you dare say that to me, because I have every right, okay! And the fact that I haven't been tearing into your face, or screaming at you should be good enough, because honestly, I could've, and I didn't," Hawthorn exhaled sharply, eyes bright, glittering with what appeared to be unshed tears, but one couldn't be too sure. 

"So, don't tell me I don't have to be so bitter. Because you haven't lost everything, like I have, and you don't understand. You don't understand how it feels to have everything taken from you, then having the remains stamped on and tore apart. You don't understand how it feels to want to die every single day, from the moment I wake, to the moment I sleep, to the moment I'm sleeping. You don't understand me, so don't pretend you do, and don't sound so self-righteous about it either." He glared at the younger boy then, unsure about why he'd said everything to someone who he detested as of currently, but there was something about Kieran that intrigued him, and in a way, he liked the boy, though his other feelings clouded his judgement as of currently.

"What? Are you going to run off to find your mommy and daddy and tell them to kick me out now?" he sneered bitterly, looking away, trying to undue his previous minutes of complete and total embarassment. "Go on. I'll like to end it, anyhow. It's easier to die, isn't it?"
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
Messages In This Thread
usurped - by Hawthorn Charley - January 28, 2017, 04:09 PM
RE: ursurped - by Kieran Adrien - January 28, 2017, 04:36 PM