Moonspear i stood like a rock against the storm
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
I just realized Pyx and the pups share a birthday, funny.

She wouldn't deny that hearing that the cold was especially hard this year was a relief. She didn't enjoy a winter with this much bite, as Amekaze said. She nodded, smiling a little. "That makes me feel better at least. I was worried I'd have this to look forward to every winter." She accepted Amekaze's answer easily, glad at least to have given the knowledge. She hadn't expected the woman to want it now, and would have wanted to see the princess before administering it anyway.

"They're not alone." She agreed, glancing out over the land with a small frown. "I miss being able to walk without worrying that my feet would freeze. It's tiresome laying around all day, but being in the cold isn't much better. I haven't decided what's worse yet." Pyx chuckled a little at the thought of the Princess's disgruntlement over the weather. "The first winter is the hardest." She agreed. "I was born near to when they were, and learned of the world in the fall. Winter was exciting at first, but a shocking surprise. Summer was surprising in a different way, I found myself preferring the cold to the heat of the sun back then." She laughed a little, grinning now as she remembered her younger years. "You can at least content yourself to think that once Summer comes, they'll be wishing for the cold again."

The next topic drove the smile from her face, though, as soon as she noted Amekaze's frown. "I hope they're all alright." She said softly, gazing once more out and away, as if hoping to catch sight of someone. She nodded to Amekaze's simple but true statement. "Perhaps they'll come home soon, and let the weather clear a little more." She knew if they hadn't caught sign of him yet, the chances were slim they would scent him at all. The best they could hope for would be someone knowing something. Perhaps Floki had sheltered with another pack, or a loner friend.

Feeling the woman's eyes on her, Pyx turned to look at her once more. "At least the winter has given us this to apologize, though I think it'll take a little more to earn my forgiveness." She said, attempting to joke. She hadn't felt overly hungry when she arrived, but now, with the smell still wafting around her she felt the desire take hold. She glanced to Amekaze, then nodded to the deer, her brows raised slightly. A silent but polite request. She wasn't sure if Amekaze would mind her eating with her, and she didn't want to offend her friend's customs.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

Messages In This Thread
i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 17, 2017, 01:24 AM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 18, 2017, 05:54 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 18, 2017, 09:06 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 20, 2017, 07:23 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - January 25, 2017, 11:43 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - January 27, 2017, 11:29 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - February 01, 2017, 04:54 AM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - February 07, 2017, 07:26 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - February 15, 2017, 03:39 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Pyx - February 20, 2017, 06:10 PM
RE: i stood like a rock against the storm - by Amekaze - March 05, 2017, 04:15 AM