Cedar Sweep i set myself on fire
ɪ' ʜɪɴ' sʀɪɢʜ ʀ ʜ sʟ ; ʜʏ ɴɴ ʜɪʀ ǫɴ.
27 Posts
Ooc — Floof
Gripped with fear, the young wolf only took a fraction of a second to process the pain she'd inflicted on herself- the lingering sting of impact on her chest, the soreness of her rump, and the bitter bite of the cold snow upon her body. It wasn't pleast of course, but none of that mattered now, not while a potentially dangerous stranger was seconds away from getting to their feet and rounding on her. The only true thought in Andornika's mind was to get back, get away, ensure her saftey. Her forelegs scrambled to find a firm grip on the slippery ground as she frantically pushed herself to a stand and distanced herself from the tumbling figure, eyes wide and breaths short.

While the stanger was still gathering their barrings, the frightening yearling obsevered the product of her actions, both mildly surpised and a tad impressed. She never would've thought it within herself to completely throw a wolf off their feet like that, having been born to willowy parents and being only half grown as well. It was a brutish action, meant for the likes of a powerful guard, not a dainty princess. The notion of momentum didn't even occur to her; she thought this was purely the result of some hidden strength she somehow possessed. She even went as far as to feel a little relieved over the fact that she wansn't entirely defensless, a bit more confident, but this spark of self assurance quickly disapted when the wolf got to their paws, making their athletic build and angered expression clear as day. Perhaps an impressive move, but it certainly wouldn't work a second time, and this wolf looked ready to murder her.

Apologizing didn't even occur to the spoiled child, but she certianly regretted her actions, now seeing what she was up against. Even with a pelt comiically powdered with snow, the wolf before her was the perfect embodiment of all her fears- an angry looking stranger without a trace of mercy in their eyes, ready to spring at a moment's notice.

The princess didn't hesitate when taking another step back.  

Perhaps she should run. Perhaps it was stupid to stay put when she knew the wolf before her was not happy or trustoworthy... but would running even do her any good? This stranger was probably a local, knew the land much better than she, and with the ruddy wolf's athlethic complection, Andronika doubted she'd get very far... No, running wasn't an option then. Yet how could she possibly survive staying put?

She swallowed hard as her brain searched for a solution, desperately trying to fill the tense space between them. In her mind, each passing second of silence would only contribute to the stranger's anger... Not knowing what else to do, she decided to feign strength, forcing her chin to tip up and her ears to return to their neutral pricked position instead of being fearfully pinned against her skull. Even to the untrained eye, her fear was still eminent, portrayed by her faintly trembling limbs and subtley pinched brows, but she really tried to look like the important figure her parents had been molding her into.

"Who are you?" The yearling dared to question, forcing herself to sound clear and bold.
Messages In This Thread
i set myself on fire - by Nootka - February 09, 2017, 09:24 PM
RE: i set myself on fire - by Andronika - February 10, 2017, 08:07 PM
RE: i set myself on fire - by Nootka - February 12, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: i set myself on fire - by Andronika - February 12, 2017, 04:35 PM