Horizon Ridge done my hair up real big beauty queen style
55 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Salish and her siblings had not yet crossed to the islands yet, but they were well on their way. They had separated, supposedly for a short while, to search for prey. 

That was, until the storm broke.

Large droplets of frigid rain fell down upon the tawny-furred wolfess as she stalked the forest, nose skimming the earth. Her coat, a viable shield against the cold, grew wetter by the second, and she lifted her head, whining softly. This was just great. Though it would not impede her sense of smell to an extreme degree, the rain would not make the hunt any easier. She decided to give up on her search for prey and find her brother and sister, instead. They undoubtedly were either looking for her or for shelter, and as a few hours had passed already, she felt it would be unwise to continue wandering.

The world shook with a crack of thunder, followed shortly by a brilliant flash of light as a lightning bolt struck the ground somewhere not too far from where she stood. The she-wolf jumped, startled, emitting a high-pitched yelp. As the sound faded, she smiled to herself, remembering that as long as the lightning itself did not strike her, the thunder could do no harm. 

Just ahead, a gnarled tree rose from the sodden earth. Suspecting she might find one of her siblings huddled within, Salish broke into a run, closing the distance between herself and the tree. Nose twitching, she peeked into the crevice, finding neither her brother nor her sister, but someone else. A pair of eyes glinted in a backdrop of shadow, the woman's fur just as dark as the small space in which she hid.

Hey, spoke Salish. What're you doing in in there? Her head canted to one side. It was obvious what the ink-furred female was doing -- hiding from the rain and thunder -- but that obviously did not stop Salish from asking.
Messages In This Thread
done my hair up real big beauty queen style - by Indie - February 20, 2017, 01:45 PM
RE: done my hair up real big beauty queen style - by Salish - March 07, 2017, 06:37 PM