Redhawk Caldera i'm searching for a song tonight.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was attentive as her brother responded, watching how he reacted to her question. He was anxious - not altogether alarming given how normal a state this was for him - but there was something else. He was quite emphatic in his denial, and the commentary that followed made her wonder if Eljay wasn't being entirely honest. The girl frowned, wanting to comfort him somehow. But as for missing their mother, Liffey knew exactly what he was implying. She felt it too. More than she had yet admitted to herself.

"You know, Jay," Liffey said, feeling anxiety of her own begin to tingle throughout her entire body, "Sometimes it makes me sad how often mom is so busy with everything going on. The puppies, leading the pack, you know... But it kind of makes me think that maybe I need to find things of my own to be busy with, so I don't feel so bad when she's busy. Like, maybe I need to find my own.. life." She looked at her brother, watching every inch of his face for any clue he might give as to what he thought of her confession.

"I don't think it means I have to go anywhere though," she added after a moment, realizing what he would probably think she meant. Liffey didn't want Eljay to think that she was going to run out on him, even if it was something growing in the back of her mind. She was staring at one of the most significant reasons for why she didn't want to leave the Caldera for this life of her own. Given the circumstances, it was hard to consider actually leaving at all.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Liffey - February 12, 2017, 03:42 PM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Eljay - February 13, 2017, 05:03 AM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Liffey - February 20, 2017, 06:50 PM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Eljay - February 27, 2017, 05:35 AM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Liffey - March 05, 2017, 09:05 AM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Eljay - March 20, 2017, 02:27 AM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Liffey - March 24, 2017, 05:25 PM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Eljay - March 31, 2017, 02:23 AM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Liffey - April 01, 2017, 01:10 PM
RE: i'm searching for a song tonight. - by Eljay - April 12, 2017, 12:38 AM