Horizon Ridge Calmness is the cradle of power.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Julooke’s frown told Ragnar that it hadn’t been what she had been expecting and Ragnar couldn’t help the soft chuckle that slipped from betwixt his lips. “I once told Thistle that I wouldn’t be her charming prince, and I’m not a knight dressed in white,” Ragnar wouldn’t have pinned himself as the villain either stealing the virtues of the young and innocent but he certainly wasn’t the hero of anyone’s fairy tale. “I am what I am. A Viking. A savage, a heathen I’ve been called too. For some reason she doesn’t seem to mind and returns my love.” It wasn’t a terribly romantic story but it was a love story in it’s own unorthodox way. At her declaration that he was going to be a good dad the man smiled softly at his subordinate. “I have had some practice. My eldest son might disagree with that,” Ragnar laughed once more but it had been a long time since he had last seen Týr and though the Viking worried for the boy’s welfare he trusted that Floki and him had taught him enough that he would endure and survive no matter what obstacles were in his way.

“I was surprised to find out that you were not mates, Julooke,” It was of the general assumption that if two wolves of the opposite sex on the borders were not siblings that they were mates. Of course, this wasn’t always true but the way the pair had interacted with each other on the borders had led Ragnar to his wrong assumption. He watched her as she moved closer and then used the carcass as a pedestal as she exclaimed that he was right, and that she was going to declare her love for Verrine. It was similar to the conviction in which Gavriil had marched away to declare his love for Pump (even though Ragnar had warned him not to be so blunt about mateship right off the bat with Pump). It was …interesting to see the way his words had an effect on the wolves of the Ridge, though Ragnar was not sure if it was his personality or the learned traits from his time as Jarl that was able to inspire such things out of them, even if it was something like their love life.

Either way he was honing his persuasive skills finely though he had not realized it up until this point. He only wished Julooke had more success that Gavriil though Ragnar did not think that would be a problem. Julooke’s situation was very different that Gavriil’s and Ragnar was confident that Julooke had a very good chance of succeeding than Gavriil did with Pump who did not strike him as the type of woman that wanted a mate or children.

Julooke had began to march off, mentioned something about going after they took care of the meat, earning a coy smirk from the Viking. “That is smart,” He commented with a teasing glint in his eyes. “I would have taken the meat for myself if you hadn’t returned.” He teased her. Of course he wasn’t serious, he would have divided the meat up for the caches and took what he wanted to Thistle without her but with her help it would go much faster for the both of them.

Messages In This Thread
Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Julooke - May 31, 2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Ragnar - June 01, 2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Julooke - June 01, 2014, 12:03 PM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Ragnar - June 02, 2014, 05:49 AM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Julooke - June 02, 2014, 06:36 PM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Ragnar - June 03, 2014, 07:08 AM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Julooke - June 03, 2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Ragnar - June 04, 2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Julooke - June 05, 2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Ragnar - June 06, 2014, 07:23 AM
RE: Calmness is the cradle of power. - by Julooke - June 07, 2014, 03:53 PM