Northstar Vale i'll just have to learn greek.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey could see the distress in Rannoch's eyes and it lanced her heart. She didn't mean to upset him. She'd known before this started that she was going to make a mess of everything. All that was left was to try and mop up the pieces, which was not easily done. In her fear for how Rannoch's opinion of her might be shifting, Liffey felt the pretense dripping from her. Part of her hung desperately onto it for the sake of her self-preservation. The other part shook it violently away so she could allow herself the room to try and ease the concerns she feared he had.

"That's what I mean, though," she told him, unaware that she had taken a few steps forward towards him, "You do, but.. it's okay. And not all the time. Just..." Liffey paused to take in a breath, trying to steady the chaos that was her inner monologue so as to prevent it from continuing to spill from her lips. She was making such a mess of this. This was not at all what she had rehearsed. She was such a mess... How could he possibly like her?

"What's happening here?" Liffey asked finally, looking up from her paws to search Rannoch's face. She knew how she felt. She thought she knew how he did too - I mean, he'd nearly just said it, literally - and yet, she just could not force those last puzzle pieces in her mind to fit together in spite of how very obviously they did.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - May 21, 2017, 12:12 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - May 24, 2017, 04:47 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - May 24, 2017, 07:03 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - May 24, 2017, 07:53 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - May 24, 2017, 08:39 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - May 26, 2017, 06:23 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - May 28, 2017, 06:00 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - June 04, 2017, 06:22 PM
RE: i'll just have to learn greek. - by Liffey - June 12, 2017, 06:05 PM