Horizon Ridge checking in
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

A silence had settled over them as Ragnar waited for Nerian to speak, ears twitching towards her when she spoke that things were different here than compared to the Cove. She was right. Things were different because Ragnar did not lead and did not enforce the rules, and traditions he had known all his life on the wolves because it wasn’t his choice to make. Odinn had demanded he come here to start a pack that would be the Cove’s sister and so far Ragnar had been unintentionally slacking; and if the Allfather was angry about it he had yet to relay that fact to Ragnar. “I do not always agree on how she handles things,” Ragnar admitted but then again he suspected Pump realized that well enough. On some things she was too lenient in his eyes and others she was not lenient enough. “It is not my pack I cannot tell her how to lead it,” He could only give his opinions to her and what she chose to do with them was her business. He didn’t have to like it — and more than often didn’t but he was powerless beyond speaking up. Just as he felt powerless over many things. Some things he could accept, sometimes it was the Gods’ will and then there were other times that he felt he didn’t have to accept it but did because he had no choice.

Nerian asked of Wheeling Gull Isle and slowly Ragnar inclined his face towards her so he could look at her before he looked sharply away from where she still stood beside him, lest contact accidently came out of his desire to see her face. It drove him crazy how she was hiding from him. It was no secret that Ragnar desired to see them gone either by choice or death. In truth, the savage didn’t care which one. Which ever came first, he supposed. Ragnar had wished to tear them apart while their numbers had still been few, by now they probably had the numbers to rival the Ridge though Ragnar couldn’t help but sneer at the thought. He supposed fools tended to follow a fool. “I believe that she is,” Ragnar spoke coolly. “She can’t stop me from ruining their hunts, or chasing them out of our hunting grounds if I catch them.” And that was exactly what Ragnar intended to do if he caught them on the Ridge’s hunting grounds. “I have considered even raiding them,” He wasn’t sure how bountiful their caches would be but it was a consideration. Of course, not a choice he could make on his own without Pump’s approval and she probably wouldn’t approve of it so he didn’t bother asking.

The Viking was tired of wasting his breath.

Messages In This Thread
checking in - by Nerian - June 07, 2014, 05:24 PM
RE: checking in - by Ragnar - June 08, 2014, 12:39 PM
RE: checking in - by Nerian - June 08, 2014, 06:59 PM
RE: checking in - by Ragnar - June 09, 2014, 07:22 AM
RE: checking in - by Nerian - June 10, 2014, 07:59 PM
RE: checking in - by Ragnar - June 11, 2014, 07:51 AM
RE: checking in - by Nerian - June 14, 2014, 12:06 PM
RE: checking in - by Ragnar - June 15, 2014, 08:25 AM
RE: checking in - by Nerian - June 17, 2014, 05:12 PM
RE: checking in - by Ragnar - June 18, 2014, 07:08 AM
RE: checking in - by Nerian - June 23, 2014, 09:09 PM