[j] after the night when i wake up
5 Posts
Ooc — CJ
my tags didn't work awkward ;__;

Hati carefully continued to survey her surroundings, half-hoping to see the raven perched somewhere as a sign of confirmation or something. But that she had been led here in the first place was comforting enough. Her ears rotated like small radar discs, listening carefully for whatever she may be able to hear. There was the soft sound of footfalls and she perked up, snapping her vision to the ghost that came toward her now. Hati's eyes flashed with relief as the silver, bulky man did indeed turn out to be the one wolf she had been explicitly searching for. Her eyes caught his for a moment before she shook her head quickly and lowered her own, careful not to hold his ocean gaze for long.

“Ragnar,” she breathed, unable to hide the exhaustion in her voice. Though she had never doubted the existence of her gods, there were certainly many questions and mysteries surrounding them. She was at a loss of what to say and where to begin. Her eyes flicked up for a moment to view him and she smiled thankfully. “I was with Sköll, but,” she swallowed and looked down, ears flattening on her head, “I got lost. I broke away from him to explore and I couldn't find him again.” She looked away, training her eyes on nothing in particular toward the horizon. A guilty expression painted her now. “I feel so bad,” she mumbled, ever thankful for the patience and warmth that he provided.

When Hati did finally put aside her self-loathing, she turned back to Ragnar with a more confident look. “I started to dream briefly during the night. Blurry images of a raven—Odinn, I thought—that seemed to be beckoning me,” she explained. To others, it would probably seem ridiculous, but to them, their entire culture was built around such beliefs. “It would perch on distant objects, like rocks or trees, until finally,” she paused and looked up, “it flew into the sky... here.” Her head tilted and she looked at Ragnar seriously. Her mind and body were both still young and she was very susceptible to many things, especially those surrounding her culture.

“Do you really think Odinn... would have truly helped me find you?” Hati asked timidly, having no other explanation for herself. Sköll had mentioned the way they had planned to go, and though it could have easily been her subconscious leading her with an image she'd know, Hati of course felt otherwise. She looked around again, swallowing. What other gods could make appearances or help those in need, then? Was Ragnar truly so important to them? Hati didn't enjoy what Váli had done with the Cove, according to stories of how it used to be when Ragnar was at the head. She admired the stories of her half-brother and as she thought of them, she let her amber eyes trace the bulk that built him. “I left to find you,” she said finally, “I left to join you.”

Messages In This Thread
[j] after the night when i wake up - by Hati Wolf - June 15, 2014, 09:40 PM
RE: [j] after the night when i wake up - by Ragnar - June 16, 2014, 08:18 AM
RE: [j] after the night when i wake up - by Hati Wolf - June 16, 2014, 11:51 PM
RE: [j] after the night when i wake up - by Ragnar - June 17, 2014, 06:59 AM