Larksong Grotto i've got this restless ache at the center of me
44 Posts
Ooc —
Téigh, ceann óg, agus ar eachtra a lorg.

Those words pushed the selkie onward, the constant echo of an elder being’s voice ringing through her head. It was with her skin clasped tightly between her jaws that she’d departed initially, driven away by her own youthful curiosities. That first adventure, however, had ended in failure, for nearly had her previous skin been lost forever. Stolen from and on the verge of being forced into marriage, the at-the-time yearling had felt as if the world was against her. It was only by sheer luck that Muirgen had managed to both retrieve her skin and flee back to her homeland, where she’d stayed for several years alongside her family. But, as the years had gone by, she’d grown restless, seeking to venture out once again and see the world. So, after being taught a few tricks and hearing some encouraging words from her various family members, the now-young woman set off to experience life just as any being should.

Somewhere during her journey, Muirgen lost sight of the ocean. Several years ago, she would have panicked but, now, she simply drew in a deep breath and pressed onward, knowing that she would eventually interact with Lir once again. Until then, she trekked onward, seal skin still within her grasp, having unknowingly entered the very same wilderness that she’d fled from so long ago.

It was with a moderate amount of skill that she ventured along the ridges and outcroppings, finding them to be similar to the rockiness of the Bay—but similar was not the same as identical, resulting in her having stumbled and nearly fallen several times over. No matter, she always managed to find her footing shortly after and was eventually rewarded after entering the grotto itself. For there beyond the danger laid beauty, as well as sustainability. Continuing along, her joy was short-lived as a commotion nearby sent her into defense-mode, jaws tightening around her precious skin—and yet, in spite of her uncertainty, she tiptoed forward, rather than turning tail and running for the hills. Pushing through the various flora of the territory, she soon found herself looking towards a wolf, at whom she stared out of sheer curiosity—what had happened to the other?
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've got this restless ache at the center of me - by Muirgen - August 02, 2017, 01:51 AM