Horizon Ridge My love's feral and wild and free
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I use word a lot for the correction of my spelling mistakes and because sometimes we'll randomly lose power and the emergency save feature it has, has saved me from having to entirely rewrite posts. xD ...I didn't think your grammar was that bad. idk, Maybe I'm just totally unobservant to things like that.

Ragnar had never pretended to be anything less than what he was: a stern father. He remembered actually worrying that he might be too stern for infant children considering in that sense he was a new father. Sveinn had been old enough for Ragnar to be stern too without feeling the ugly and unnecessary weight of guilt that tended to plague him when he was a little too stern with the boys (in particular because Gyda had yet to do anything that required him to be overly stern towards her). It wasn’t, he realized, necessarily a bad thing if Thistle coddled them because it was something he had no intentions of doing and in that way, similar as it was to in most ways, they balanced one another out. Thistle was the good cop and Ragnar was the bad cop (literally).

To Ragnar there had always been a clear line between being deceptive and outright lying. He was as deceptive as he needed to be as the situations arose, but he was not a liar. To others, perhaps, this manner of thinking was horrendously flawed where it was a fine line to walk. Ragnar’s thought processes didn’t seem to follow along the lines of what was ‘normal’. The Viking spoke what he meant because he didn’t like to encourage any misgivings. He wanted to be understood clearly and definitively at the very least when it mattered. Admittedly, there were times when he had allowed other’s their wrong assumptions of him, especially when it came to raids and he was a small team against an entire force of a pack. “One of my best?” He teased Thistle gruffly just because he enjoyed teasing her; like a little boy who picked on the little girl he had a severe crush on in grade school. He wasn’t intentionally trying to be cruel he was just trying to let her know he liked her enough to take the time to pick at her. Perhaps the wrong way of letting a girl know she was worth their time but boys will be boys.

Or in Ragnar's case: men.

Ragnar watched as Thistle ghosted forward a step and he scratched absently at his side with his back paw as he considered her question. “The Rite is done when they are a month old,” He reminded her and then grimaced with the thought that his children were (though he expected no less) becoming unruly…something he would need to definitely work on with them. Just because they were Vikings …it did not give them the excuse to be heathens to wolves of their own pack. To anyone else Ragnar didn’t care but he would not have the wolves of the Ridge suffering insolence and disobedience. They would learn the easy way or the hard way. “You are going to have to be sterner with them Thistle. I will not tolerate blatant disobedience of us of other members, of wolves outside our pack and even our enemies. Do not worry about hurting their feelings …they will get over it.” Their attention spans couldn’t be any more than a chipmunk's anyway. It would sting for a few moments and then they would forget all about it. “They must learn that they cannot get everything they want just because they want it. Life doesn’t work like that, neither do the Gods. They are old enough now to comprehend basic things, I think.” And if when they got of age and could not respect the Viking’s culture, or the wolves of the Ridge or even other wolves because he and his culture believed that even enemies should be respected, Ragnar would have no qualms about chasing them out.

He liked to think he was a loving father but he would also not take any crap, either, whether it’s because it was how Eitri raised him or because he was simply a harsh man Ragnar wasn’t sure.

Messages In This Thread
My love's feral and wild and free - by Thistle Cloud - June 16, 2014, 11:10 AM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 17, 2014, 07:40 AM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 17, 2014, 01:09 PM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 18, 2014, 06:19 AM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 19, 2014, 06:34 AM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 19, 2014, 10:35 AM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 20, 2014, 06:55 AM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 08:23 AM
RE: My love's feral and wild and free - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 07:55 AM