It's new and grand....but bittersweet
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
i think someone should tell ragnar he isn't good at match making and needs to stop ok. :p

Acting as a translator for Floki’s boy was relatively effortless for Ragnar who had long ago added ‘translator’ to his long list of accomplishments and attributes for he had to translate the words of the pack wolves they raided that spoke the common tongue because many of the Cove wolves couldn’t speak it and had never bothered to learn because they hadn’t needed too. Why did they need to speak any language other than the one the Cove spoke when they had no intentions of ever leaving it? In a way, it had made sense and Ragnar might have been the same way if not for Eitri whom he had mentored under for the position of lead Berserker. It was his father that taught him the common tongue and possibly one of the only things Eitri had ever done for just Ragnar. It was small, and learning it had been more than frustrating for the Viking at times but he was clever and quick to catch on to things and had learned in quicker than he had expected he would have, but it was cherished memory none the less.

“Ah so you two aren’t there, yet,” In a way, the question had been Ragnar’s nonchalant way of asking how far they had gotten on the rocky road of communication with one another. “He may never learn more than he knows of the common tongue. Floki couldn’t either,” Some wolves were more adapt at languages while others weren’t. Apparently, Floki and his child (and even Helga) feel in line with those who were not adapt. “He is a good boy,” Ragnar mused thoughtfully, pausing to eye her for a few seconds before he looked back to the path of the scent markers they walked. “Hati seems really attached to him,” Of course maybe Ragnar was simply misreading it but he suspected that there was a potential for something …more in their friendship. “He is a least a year or more older than her but if they wished to become husband and wife someday in the future I would allow it as the head of our family,” Of course the fact that Hati was his blood and Sköll was of Floki’s and the fact that it would be a merging of the two powerful families was also enticing, as well (it was a little weird to consider that it would make Sköll his brother in law).

gott Ragnar responded in his native tongue with a stern nod of his head and just as fast and widely as his thoughts had been roaming his new position as Jarl King Alpha, combined with the thought of family brought another consideration to the Viking’s mind. “You realize that as Jarl of this Bay I don’t have to answer to anyone when I want to mate, hmm?” He teased her, grinning like the devil. “No permission needed,” He nearly purred, enticed by the idea, his polygamy obsession flaring up again for a dangerous moment. “But I do have a condition,” He stated. “Our next first born son is going to be named after my father: Eitri. I would like to honor his memory.” He hadn’t been the world’s number one father but he had been as good as any and a better leader to boot and one day he hoped his sons would name on of their sons after him. A continuation of a legacy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's new and grand....but bittersweet - by Ragnar - June 20, 2014, 06:03 AM
RE: It's new and grand....but bittersweet - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 06:25 AM
RE: It's new and grand....but bittersweet - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 12:46 PM
RE: It's new and grand....but bittersweet - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 01:48 PM
RE: It's new and grand....but bittersweet - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 02:49 PM