Totoka River One chance is all I need
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
hehe, he likes to think so! ;p Aw shucks! Thank you! <3 lol, it's cute how she admires him; heck, julooke is just as cute as button period. :P

Ragnar was slow to trust feeling more and more how he did back in the Cove, when trust was a thing better left earned than freely given. He had given it freely to his brothers and both of them had stabbed him in the back now, he had given it to Gavriil only to have his considered friend leave without so much as a word (which he was extremely angry about as well). If Ragnar let his instincts truly have their full way with him he wouldn’t trust anyone; but being slow to trust didn’t mean he didn’t have to give chances. Currently, they were something of enemies, for Ragnar could only imagine what lies Ypres spread about them, given that she had thought they had been trespassing and threatened them when they were all on free territory, and what Majesty in turn had told them about Ragnar and his. Surely to distrust, maybe that they were heathens (nothing Ragnar hadn’t heard before), the imagined list went on and on. As far as Ragnar cared he had only been doing what any wolf who cared about his wolves would do: deliver a message, make it clear, give a reluctant benefit of the doubt because he had no other choice at the time and go back to his usual business. After all, as far as Ragnar cared to see the situation it was the Isle wolves that had been in the wrong. They had parked on the Ridge’s doorstep not the other way around.

Ragnar, weary of the war he fought with himself over the situation, would be glad to put it far behind him when they relocated to Stavanger Bay. His dislike of Majesty would probably never truly fade but out of sight out of mind as they said.

Ragnar was too far away to notice the widen in the other male’s eyes, though he depicted a slight shift in demeanor accompanied by the perking of the Isle man’s ears. Ragnar gave Beric his rapt attention as he spoke that it would be an ideal situation but explained why he was hesitant to accept it quickly. It was his cautiousness that Ragnar admired, the questioning of an offer that probably, as it stood between two maybe enemies, sounded a little too good to be true. After all, Beric had no way to tell that Ragnar was being sincere (despite that he was) and Ragnar did not blame the other. He, too, would question. Head canted to the side as Ragnar processed Beric’s words, basically calling Majesty selfish. This, of course, perked the Viking’s unyielding curiosity which always seemed to get the better of him. How convenient, he thought and not for the first time, it would be to trade his eyes to acquire knowledge as Odinn had though he had once admitted to Thistle that he would trade much more. Even then, though, Ragnar knew, his curiosity as the All-Father’s, wouldn’t ever be truly sated. “A leader that puts himself before his pack is no leader at all,” Ragnar murmured out of experience. The last wolf that had done it had been his older brother and Ragnar had killed him for it, for the death of their father (and admittedly for a woman but that was neither here nor there). “What was so more important to him than his own pack? The pack he was foolishly over eager to start? That he would self indulge in without a thought for the wolves he claims to rule?” So over eager that he had interrupted Ragnar’s prayer in Ravensblood which had led to a confrontation which had basically led to Ragnar chasing him out; he would do it all over again if he had too.

Subtly, or perhaps not so subtly, it was Ragnar's way of asking what had happened simply because he was curious.

“They are both good wolves, two of my best,” Ragnar had not regretted letting either into his pack. Quickly, they had both managed to earn not just his trust but his friendship and respect as well. As it was, somewhere along the line the Viking had began to grow fond of Julooke in a purely platonic/fatherly way though she couldn’t be any younger than he was himself, which, humorously, made her older than his own wife who was at least a year but he thought maybe two-ish years younger than Ragnar (it wasn’t like Ragnar and Thistle had ever discussed their ages he assumed hers based on what he knew: that this year had been her first heat cycle which meant she had been only shy of two years during that time). “They are just as much apart of my family as my own children, just as all the wolves of the Ridge are,” They might as well be a melting pot family. They lived together, worked together, feasted, loved, and shared in tragedy and sorrow together. If that wasn’t family he did not know what was.

But the choice was up to Beric. It wasn’t one that Ragnar could make for him. Granted, they knew little of each other but everything had a beginning, had to start somewhere, after all. He did not tell Beric the Ridge wolves were relocating just in case he decided to stay with Majesty of which Ragnar would not begrudge him. Every man made his own decisions and lived to deal with the consequences of them. It was simply the way of the Gods and of the world.

Messages In This Thread
One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 02:25 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 03:30 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 04:33 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 08:02 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 21, 2014, 09:13 PM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 07:06 AM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Beric - June 22, 2014, 07:33 AM
RE: One chance is all I need - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 09:06 AM