Sequoia Coast Come speak with me
24 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
@Thistle Cloud Apparently the Vikings were into that kind of thing since it's a reoccurring theme. xD Maybe one more post from each of us so we can count it as a discovery thread? (Then I think we'll have everything we need and can get moved). :-)

Thistle asked if the markings made him think of home. She wasn’t wrong. It reminded him of the crass scent of plants, flowers, and rich soil that often clung to his parents, a scent he felt warmed by because it had been comforting when he had only been but the age of Thistle’s own children. How his mother had smelled like cinnamon besides those scents and how Floki had smelled like mint except when he would come home from raids when his coat was fetid with the scent of aged blood that he hadn’t washed off. The simple painted markings that with Ragnar’s help would be repainted every two weeks when they began to fade and smudge off brought with it all the comforts he had known and taken advantage of as a child and missed now that he was nearly a man full grown. He was nearly a man full grown. The realization brought with it the acknowledgement that he should be focusing his mind on things other than his childhood. Like maybe a woman. Or…something. Sköll finally responded. Her common tongue was lost on him for the most part but he nodded to her because the look on her face had needed no translation.

She did not seem pleased when he brought up the Berserker mushrooms and the pallid Tiny Viking wondered why. For him, they were just another way of life. A way to enhance not only the joy of celebrations and festivities but also a way to enhance natural born battle habits. Surely it was better to fight like a man possessed, added to their lack of fear of death, then it was to fight like a coward, afraid to lose his life? The blood frenzy was a nasty thing, admittedly, but their ancestors had been doing it way before Sköll, or even Ragnar himself had been born. It was as much their tradition as their Gods. þeir eru ekki slæmur hlutur, Thistle. Sköll told her gently, attempting to soothe. þeir eru góðir fyrir glaður tilefni líka But the use of them was common from where he came from and he knew no different.

Messages In This Thread
Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 21, 2014, 01:40 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 22, 2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 23, 2014, 10:57 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 23, 2014, 12:51 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 23, 2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 23, 2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 23, 2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 23, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 25, 2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 25, 2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 25, 2014, 11:39 AM