Great Bear Wilderness The Ouroboros
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
I was thinking ~20 minutes from one end to the other and ~10-15 minutes across at a wolf's trot speed, which is around 5mph. So say... roughly 1.5 miles by 1 mile or so? CMs are still working on the map scale so I'll have a better idea when I know how large a typical pack territory in-game is.

Cara was prompt, which was a great quality in Jinx's mind. She valued strength and stamina above all things, but punctuality was still a favoured quality in a wolf. It was no wonder that the yearling was quickly gaining respect from her pack mates and leaders alike, although Lecter was a harder nut to crack than Jinx was. She smiled as the pale female approached with fur raised in wet points, relaxing her own stance as if to say, “hierarchy won't matter today”.

Hierarchy always mattered to Jinx, but she was in a pleasant mood. Her preparations to move to Ouroboros Spine were nearly complete, so there was nothing to sour her days except the occasional thought of the mutineers. Even they had begun to fade from her mind. “Come with me,” she said brightly, turning to lead the way should Cara agree to follow and brushing past a fir tree in the process. “There is an island I want to explore.”

The lake wasn't all that far away. She'd intentionally chosen a howling point that was close to it, so that the females wouldn't need to travel a vast distance before reaching the water. The gleam and sparkle of the lake glinted through the trees as she made her way down, and eventually the forest opened up onto a verdant stretch of short grass that served as the floodplain for the myriad rivers and the lake itself. She followed the edge of one of these rivers to the lake, whose edge was murky with silt. A short swim away was the island, standing tall against the pine green backdrop.

Without hesitation, the Alpha plunged into the cool lake water, paddling for the island and not stopping to see whether Cara had indeed followed her or not.
Messages In This Thread
The Ouroboros - by Jinx - June 23, 2014, 12:17 PM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Cara - June 23, 2014, 06:10 PM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Jinx - June 24, 2014, 11:35 AM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Cara - June 24, 2014, 06:17 PM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Jinx - June 26, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Cara - June 28, 2014, 11:48 PM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Jinx - July 02, 2014, 12:10 AM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Cara - July 03, 2014, 12:41 AM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Jinx - July 03, 2014, 11:54 AM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Cara - July 07, 2014, 08:25 PM
RE: The Ouroboros - by Jinx - July 08, 2014, 09:17 AM