harder to find what's right
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
So I'm going to go ahead and reply to this. Kris, you can throw Ferdie in at any time if you wish. :-)

The male that approached, having silently decided to answer Ragnar’s courtesy call, was draped in a cloak of ebony, his eyes a startling blue against the dusk of his coat. He came displaying dominance, as to which though Ragnar was not his wolf, nor a loner he did not submit, the Viking’s head lowered in a gesture of acknowledgment and neutral respect. He was only here to speak as an Outrider, to learn what he could about this infant pack. Ragnar did not come to offer useless and meaningless political drivel for that held no weight in his mind. Alliances were only falsehoods to him, after all. He would have been the first to admit that if he had forged an alliance and it was called upon as a favor he would gleefully decline unless there was a threat encroaching upon his own lands. Since there was enough of that already he didn’t fancy to gain neither a friendship nor an acrimony from them. He wanted nothing but the basic information. To find out why they were here, who their leader was, and what pack they pissed off to get here. That was an unfair judgment, of course, but Ragnar would now and forever be weary of new pack popping up ready to jump to the assumption that there was a pack they pissed off because Wheeling Gull Isle had done it. They had probably pissed off Silvertip Mountain, they had pissed of Blue Willow alpha female of Blacktail Deer Plateau because one of hers had abandoned them for the Isle, and they had successfully managed to piss off, if not Pump than at least Ragnar himself, the majority of the Ridge’s residents.

The words that left the ebon male’s lips caused the Viking to let out a trademark coy smirk that toyed at the edges of his lips, that looked to be perhaps amiable hid his irritation at the clarity that the man (boy, perhaps?) before him clearly didn’t want to be there and that Ragnar’s curiosity was annoying. Whether he was a leader or just a warden greeting wolves, loners or from other packs regardless, was apart of the job and if it was irritating to give them a slice of time then they didn’t need to be leaders or wardens. The words themselves didn’t hold hostility but Ragnar got the distinct feeling that his presence wasn’t wanted. He realized he could have some fun with this, if he wanted. “I am only an Outrider doing my duty. I heard rumors there was an infant pack here and I came to investigate.” It was not a lie, but he couldn’t claim it was the full truth, either. He wasn’t privy to giving too much of his own personal information out, even on his own borders. At this point: he had no name and his pack was going to stay anonymous. He was just an Outrider with no formal title and no need to let this man know that he held power in the Ridge as their Beta.

Messages In This Thread
harder to find what's right - by Ragnar - June 17, 2014, 04:17 PM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Jace - June 18, 2014, 12:00 PM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Ragnar - June 26, 2014, 07:32 AM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Jace - June 26, 2014, 10:27 AM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Ragnar - June 26, 2014, 11:10 AM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Jace - June 26, 2014, 11:24 AM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Ragnar - June 26, 2014, 11:40 AM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Jace - June 26, 2014, 12:08 PM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Ragnar - June 26, 2014, 03:26 PM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Jace - June 30, 2014, 10:07 AM
RE: harder to find what's right - by Ragnar - July 01, 2014, 12:33 PM