Swiftcurrent Creek Insidious disaster
125 Posts
Ooc — Van
Dehydrated didn't begin to express the range of things wrong with Haunter. Because from this point on he would be insane, a danger—though not at first. No one could have seen it coming, cancerous cells eating away at his sanity. Who knew how long it would take before he snapped, before he died.

It could take years. It could take months... Days... minutes.

His expression went out of focus, and he appeared utterly confused at reaching the riverside. Yellow eyes swiveled back and forth slowly, defensively, and he thought he might panic before Fox spoke to him.

The black dog froze, an ink-stain on perfect ground, and he watched Fox with wide, trusting eyes. Haunter had never been very stable to begin with, and now his general confusion and blinding headaches for some unforeseeable reason made him more feral and unpredictable as ever.

He licked his chops, and marched forth on spidery legs. He splashed into the water after Fox, pausing only to take a few laps of water before he reached her. Haunter opened his mouth as if to say something, but his eye was drawn to the water, and before he had the chance to say it, he was burying his muzzle into the water again, slurping greedily.

"I," he gurgled. He didn't know how thirsty he'd been.

"Came.." God why couldn't he stop drinking?!

"Back..." Alright, leave some for the damn fish!

He lifted his muzzle and looked at her seriously, coherently, and he finished: "for you." The dark monolith nodded once. "Even crazed out of my mind," he rasped, licking his dripping chops and not once taking away his unnervingly piercing gaze. He took in every inch of her, every red tip, every whisker, every gleam, and he knew that she would help him be okay again.

"I knew, you would make me sane."
Messages In This Thread
Insidious disaster - by Haunter - July 02, 2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by RIP Fox - July 02, 2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by Haunter - July 02, 2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by RIP Fox - July 02, 2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by Haunter - July 02, 2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by RIP Fox - July 02, 2014, 06:33 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by Haunter - July 02, 2014, 06:46 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by RIP Fox - July 02, 2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by Haunter - July 02, 2014, 09:15 PM
RE: Insidious disaster - by RIP Fox - July 02, 2014, 10:00 PM