Kintla Flatlands forever in shadows
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Your posts with him actually do make me laugh because I can totally picture a grouchy old cajun granddad preaching at my poor Atticus, shaking his cane threateningly at him, heehee! :P

Atticus grinned as Sun Spark swore him to secrecy, threatening to lash him righteously if he dared to mention to Blue Willow that he himself had an affinity for off-color language. He liked the pride he saw in the old man's face as he learned of his daughter's status as Alpha. What more could a father want for his child? Success, happiness, a stable home, a pack of her own, and handsome dudes like Atticus looking out for her? He grinned again.

But that grin turned quickly to boyish embarrassment as Sun Spark commented, Good friends, chile you mus' be blind. Atticus knew what the old wolf was getting at, and he felt his cheeks blush red beneath his dark fur. He didn't quite know what to say. He really did have an affection for Blue, but he wasn't ready to confess them just yet. Still, Sun Spark had told Atticus a secret himself, so perhaps it wouldn't hurt to return the favor. Telling secrets to the shadows, and all. "I…guess I do kinda have feelings for her," he said quietly, his grin becoming something gentler, softer as he thought of her. "She's really something special." He glanced at Sun Spark, a mischievous gleam coming into his pale eyes. "Now you better not tell her, or I'll have to tan your hide." He laughed then, the threat more a show of friendship than anything else.

A moment later, he continued on to add, "You have nothing to worry about. She's very well taken care of. And she's got several strong men looking out for her, myself included. My brother is Alpha alongside her, and he loves her like his own sister." Sometimes he wondered if Peregrine might ever take a romantic interest in her. It was certainly something that Atticus was paranoid about, that was for sure. Peregrine was a far better catch, in Atti's opinion, than he himself was. A moment later, he cocked his head and looked at the old man expectantly, "Would you like me to call her here, sir? I think she'd just about die of happiness to see you right now."
Messages In This Thread
forever in shadows - by Sun Spark - June 29, 2014, 10:16 PM
RE: forever in shadows - by Atticus - June 29, 2014, 11:59 PM
RE: forever in shadows - by Sun Spark - June 30, 2014, 10:49 AM
RE: forever in shadows - by Atticus - July 03, 2014, 07:08 PM
RE: forever in shadows - by Sun Spark - July 03, 2014, 09:06 PM
RE: forever in shadows - by Atticus - July 03, 2014, 11:13 PM
RE: forever in shadows - by Sun Spark - July 03, 2014, 11:25 PM
RE: forever in shadows - by Atticus - July 03, 2014, 11:37 PM
RE: forever in shadows - by Sun Spark - July 04, 2014, 12:00 AM
RE: forever in shadows - by Atticus - July 04, 2014, 12:17 AM
RE: forever in shadows - by Sun Spark - July 04, 2014, 05:04 PM