The Heartwood Show me who we are today
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><b><i><FONT COLOR="#f8f3dd">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#f3edd8">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ece7d2">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#e6e0cc">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dfdac6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#d9d3c0">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d3cdba">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ccc6b4">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c6c0ae">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bfb9a8">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b9b2a2">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b3ac9c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aca596"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a69f8f">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f9889">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#999283">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#938b7d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c8477"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#867e71">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f776b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#797165">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736a5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#6c6459">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#665d53">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f574d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#595047">e</FONT></i></b></span></p>
150 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
<style type="text/css"> ae {color:#94a3ab; font-size: 10px;} .aebox {background-color: #d5e1ec; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/vg2CHes.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 3px solid #94a3ab; outline: 5px solid #2d2a24;} .aetext {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#2d2a24; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 480px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

Ira had had a lot of time to think on what he had done, the carelessness of running off to Tortuga on an impulse because he had suddenly endured the idea of being her savior. Mostly, he was full of insufferable and infectious regret. He had known better and Jinx had specifically told him not to sacrifice Silvertip for Bones, though he still did not see it as a sacrificing of one for the other. Even so, he had gotten no where near Bones and his own idiocy had nearly cost him his life though he had a sinking feeling the more time that ached by like the pulse of blood beneath a bruise that it would cost him much more than his life. How he had even been romanced the idea of playing the dark Prince Charming was still questionable and beyond that it had been stupid. He was a harbinger of death and destruction and it was proven time and time again; now he was left to face the consequences of his actions from this end of it, as well. He knew he had to face them, knew that regardless of what would come to pass that he would accept them because he deserved them.

He paused for a moment as he paced — having decided since his lesson with Kaname in the Heartwood previously that he would linger near it — to scratch at the wound on his neck. The skin was red and agitated because he had no idea how to properly care for it beyond cleansing it with salt water though for all Ira knew could have been doing more damage than good. It had started to scab though and he was careful to avoid tearing it open. It was an ugly thing and hated that he had to wear it on display for everyone to say like a giant neon sign ‘hey he failed’. It was humiliating and bothered him because he was a shallow creature who did not fancy ever bearing a scar of any type. It was why he favored the secrecy and discreetness of killing with poisons. It kept his claws from getting dirty.

Ira’s back leg lowered from his neck when he heard a familiar voice summon him in a howl, adrenaline spiking through his heart causing his veins to feel frozen as his heart dropped and then sprinted with anticipation even as his ears laid back against his skull. Jinx. Knowing he could never ignore her summons he made his way to her, pace slowed by the heaviness he felt in his entire body at the anticipation of seeing her again. He wanted to see her, of course, it was why he had went looking for her, but at the same time he didn’t because he felt nervous. Nervous for what was about to unfold wondering if he really wanted to know. He shrugged through the forest, and overgrown brush lowering his tail into a submissive pose when he found her, hating that his face betrayed his guilt, because he was guilty and he did feel remorse. He swallowed, his breath getting caught in the middle of his throat as he hindered with trepidation on if he wanted to greet her verbally or by closing the distance between them before he decided neither and stood silently there like a child who knew they had done wrong waiting for the scolding to begin, or the invitation to speak.

Messages In This Thread
Show me who we are today - by Jinx - July 04, 2014, 12:58 AM
RE: Show me who we are today - by Ira Nox - July 04, 2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Show me who we are today - by Jinx - July 04, 2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Show me who we are today - by Ira Nox - July 05, 2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Show me who we are today - by Jinx - July 07, 2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Show me who we are today - by Ira Nox - July 10, 2014, 09:56 AM
RE: Show me who we are today - by Jinx - July 16, 2014, 04:48 PM