Swiftcurrent Creek the fury
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"No. I would take what I wanted."

Bazi's insides pulsed hotly, which took her quite by surprise. She had consciously acknowledged that Cutthroat was charming, of course, but the ferocity of his response struck a primal cord in her that went beyond a logical assessment of his character. She averted her eyes, buying a few seconds to regroup and consider his question. Jace. What did she think about Jace, really?

Her eventual response was noncommittal, delivered with a shrug. "I don't know about Jace. I don't.." - think he had a choice? The shame of being thrown had marked the dark wraith. Pride would not allow him to return to Swiftcurrent Creek even if Fox reversed the sentence (unlikely), and she felt no small amount of shame for the initial bucket-load of bile she had up-ended on his character. There was no taking that back now - at least not from those who had been present to hear it - but she could limit the spread by refusing to talk. Another shrug followed the first. A chill was sinking in, and she wasn't particularly happy with the direction their little chat was going - Cutthroat didn't seem like the sort who would hold back, and she didn't want to be held accountable for her words at the meeting. 'What exactly did Jace do wrong?' Nothing, she would eventually have to admit - Fox was unwise to throw him out, and I sided with her.

"Come on, let's finish this patrol together," she announced, unceremoniously dropping the thread of conversation. Spitting had turned to drizzle by this point, and both wolves were starting to look wet. She brushed past the golden-eyed pirate, meeting his eyes for a short, enigmatic moment before resuming her march.

Back on Bazi form after a bit of a schlump! Shall we conclude this thread, since it's quite aged now? :D
Messages In This Thread
the fury - by Bazi - May 29, 2014, 08:52 AM
RE: the fury - by Cutthroat - May 29, 2014, 09:46 AM
RE: the fury - by Bazi - May 29, 2014, 02:30 PM
RE: the fury - by Cutthroat - May 31, 2014, 01:24 PM
RE: the fury - by Bazi - June 03, 2014, 04:21 PM
RE: the fury - by Cutthroat - June 13, 2014, 08:16 AM
RE: the fury - by Bazi - June 15, 2014, 11:58 AM
RE: the fury - by Cutthroat - June 16, 2014, 05:20 PM
RE: the fury - by Bazi - July 04, 2014, 01:18 PM