Blacktail Deer Plateau dust to dust
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She didn't ask him to leave, but nor did she immediately offer more than the pleasantries. As she spoke of the other two needing their strength, he had a moment's wonder if she was remembering herself in all of this. "As do you," he responded, walking over and setting the hare down before her. "I caught more earlier on, this is yours if you want it. You don't have to eat it now, though." He was sticking to what he knew he could do to help... lending the pack his strength in this dark time. He was still stuck in the idea that if any of the surrounding packs caught a whiff of weakness, they would pounce. This might not be true but he was taking no chances. He had been on his way to run the borders yet again after he stashed the hare. Now, though, she seemed to need him more than they did.

Then Blue began to speak. As he listened, Dante walked over, sitting next to her and pressing his side companionably against hers. He liked to think they were friends, and right now her pain was awful. Anyone with eyes could see that. "How could that make you an awful wolf? To have hope, despite what reason may tell you, isn't something that makes you bad. In fact, I think it's the opposite. Within reason, it's what makes you better." It was what led to giving second chances, to optimism and to not judging based solely on the facts. Intuition was important also. There was a fine line between delusion and optimism, however. Like she said, though, there had only been ears. No definitive prove that it had been Osprey Jr.

"No offense," he added quietly, "but I really hope you were wrong too." He didn't see the body, letting the family grieve and have their time alone. Honestly in all of this he felt very out of place. He was so new, a part of them yes, but he hadn't known Junior long at all. Hadn't watched her grow. He knew nothing of their grief and was well aware of that.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Messages In This Thread
dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 04, 2014, 06:20 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 04, 2014, 06:32 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 05, 2014, 09:02 AM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 05, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 06, 2014, 08:44 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 08, 2014, 09:20 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 09, 2014, 02:32 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 14, 2014, 09:54 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 17, 2014, 07:25 AM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 20, 2014, 05:18 PM