if i had a heart
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Your new table is HOT. :D Care to wrap up this thread? We should have a new one sometime soon. I WANT ALL THE TOKIO THREADS. XD

Verrine found Ragnar's silent nature far from off-putting. Rather, he enjoyed it. He himself was a somewhat quiet wolf, seldom opening up to any but Julooke or his closest friends (namely Beric). He wasn't averse to speaking or being heard, he just didn't like to run his mouth when there were plenty others willing to do it. He preferred to let his actions do the talking, which was something he figured the gruff Viking could understand. The silence that passed between them was companionable and easy, the kind of silence shared between two friends and brothers who didn't need words to communicate.

When the conversation turned to Silvertip Mountain, Verrine was surprised to learn that Ragnar knew almost nothing of the pack that resided there. His eyebrows shot up with surprise, but almost immediately, a thought occurred to him. Maybe the fact that nobody knew much about them was a good thing -- it meant that the pack at the mountain kept to themselves and stayed out of everyone else's business. "I don't know much either," Verrine admitted when Ragnar asked. "I've heard that they're not a pack to be messed with, and that their leader is…fierce." During his travels around the valley, before he and Julooke had asked to join the ranks of the Ridge, he'd learned a little bit about some of the packs around the lands.

Beyond that, though, he knew nothing more. He decided that was good; perhaps their leader was fierce not only toward intruders or threats to her pack, but also toward her own subordinates with regards to staying out of trouble with other packs and minding their own borders. Such were the thoughts that ran through his mind as he and Ragnar patrolled together, quiet snippets of discussion passing between them amidst the occasional spell of comfortable silence. It was, in Verrine's mind, a most worthwhile way to pass an afternoon.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
Messages In This Thread
if i had a heart - by Ragnar - June 09, 2014, 07:53 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - June 09, 2014, 03:26 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - June 10, 2014, 08:04 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - June 12, 2014, 01:26 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - June 12, 2014, 07:55 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - June 29, 2014, 07:02 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - July 01, 2014, 07:26 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - July 03, 2014, 10:28 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - July 05, 2014, 06:42 AM
RE: if i had a heart - by Verrine - July 07, 2014, 11:46 PM
RE: if i had a heart - by Ragnar - July 08, 2014, 10:11 AM