Hunger
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Sunspire Members ONLY please. I’m making this vague due to the fact that one of my other threads isn’t done yet. Depending on how things go, this may or may not become my joining thread, @Ferdie Von Pelt.

There’s no need to match my length. ^_^

EDIT: I'm marking this private so no one else barges in (I've had trouble with that in the past). @Ferdie if you see this, I think we should do my joining thread separate from this one.

Red was hungry. She had not eaten in days, due mostly to the fact that she was still very emotionally confused about not remembering anything about herself. She had been traveling throughout Rising Sun Valley for quite some time, not really paying attention to things around her. And then she realized that she was hurting herself by neglecting to eat. She needed sustenance. She decided it was high time to move on from this place, and early that morning she took her time climbing up and down mountains to find the perfect spot to hunt.

Being a coywolf meant she was not quite big enough to bring down larger prey on her own, and even if she could, that went against instinct. Coyotes tended to hunt in pairs, and wolves hunted with at least three or four members of the pack, if not more. She was in the middle, being of both species, so could cope with either style. But it was not natural to hunt large prey by oneself, and so this did not even cross her mind. A hare - or even a rodent - would be enough. Perhaps a few of them if she really needed to eat that badly.

She used her nose to find a way through the mountains, following a nearly invisible trail down the side of one. When she was about halfway to the ground, she stopped to rest for a moment. It was hard work keeping one’s footing on such sheer inclines. As she rested, she took a few minutes to stare in awe at the sight below and before her. Nestled between the mountains all around it was a valley shrouded mostly in forest. Red could see the mist rising from the canopy of mainly evergreen trees. That mist meant there was a river or rivers down inside the trees. Rivers meant life, and life meant prey.

The coywolf rose to her paws and continued on her way down the mountain. After a good trek, she was finally out of the worst of the heat. It had been ridiculously hot climbing up and down mountains all morning, and she was thankful for the coolness of the forest. She eventually came to one of the small lakes that dotted the area, and was pleased to see the very active population of fish, though she wasn’t sure she’d be able to catch any. She had never tried fishing before. With a breath, she waded into the water, and shivered. It was cold, even during the middle of summer.
Messages In This Thread
Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 04:04 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 08, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 09, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 09, 2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 09, 2014, 10:38 PM