Hunger
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
By the way, I love your avatar! Who did it? Do you know? Also, sorry this took so long. I was eating dinner and I had to let my laptop finish charging.

Red was calmed when the female wagged her tail in return to her gestures. It meant she was friendly, whoever she was. She watched with curiosity as the bi-colored wolf slid soundlessly into the water, and instantly wanted to copy and learn from the she-wolf. Hunting was important, but generally wolves didn’t hunt fish. So the fact that this female seemed to know exactly what she was doing - proven by the fact that she had snagged a fish in less than ten seconds - immediately caught the coywolf's attention. Learning to hunt fish, of all things, was probably not the most important thing in the world, especially considering that most hunting came completely naturally to predatory animals. That, and the fact that coyotes were omnivorous, and sometimes, so were wolves. Coyotes ate berries and other edible plants sometimes to make up for a lack of nutrients primarily obtained through meat. So, in the long run, learning to fish really wasn’t a top priority.

However, Red was a naturally curious creature, and felt the urge to learn all she could about most situations. Who knew? Learning to fish might very well come in handy one day. Her ears went forward and her head turned to the side in curiosity, as a way of asking, “How did you do that?” But by the time she had decided to pay attention, the black-and-white female was coming towards her with a fish in her jaws.

And instantly, Red was back to being overly cautious and afraid. Sometimes wolves would snap for no reason, if another of their kind looked at them funny or were in any way perceived as a threat. So the coywolf was on high alert as the female approached her, refusing to look into her eyes - a sign of of submission. “Don’t hurt me, I submit myself to you,” her posture said, as she hunkered down close to the forest floor, ears flat on her head, partially exposing her throat. The exposure of the throat was a sign of trust, as well as submission - for it gave the other wolf the option of biting down on it. Or not.

But then the she-wolf was backing away, having dropped the fish near Red. and was now speaking. The chimera told the coywolf her name, and then told her that she meant her no harm. Red felt a bit better afterwards, enough to stand up straight again, but she was still cautious. Slowly she approached the fish, bent down to sniff at it momentarily, and then looked up at Kodokuna, cocking her head to the side and widening her eyes, to say, “Is this for me?”
Messages In This Thread
Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 04:04 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 08, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 09, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 09, 2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 09, 2014, 10:38 PM