Hunger
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OMG Hiiii Ferdie! :D I don’t think I’ve ever actually RPed with you! Also, I’m kind of powerplaying a little bit, I think…? I sort of OOC narrate/assume that she’s going to be part of the pack soon. Is that okay, Ferdie?

Red suddenly sensed another wolf nearby, and was instantly on edge again. What were the odds of meeting two wolves in one day in the same spot? Vaguely, though worry for her well-being was clouding out most other thoughts, she noted that the male who had stepped into the picture smelled a bit like Kodokuna. And he seemed to greet her as if he knew her. It made sense. They were obviously packmates, though the coywolf couldn’t tell exactly what relationship they had. No matter. The male did not attempt to harm her, and that was all she cared about.

He dropped one of the two swans he had been dragging with him beside his packmate, and the other he dropped in her vicinity, though he was still nowhere near her. Then he motioned with his head for her to take the bird. She stared down at the offering of food, and almost laughed. She had been offered two meals in one day by a species that was more often than not known for killing her kin and kind. How was this possible? She stopped thinking after only a few moments, though, for she was too hungry to find anything very funny right then.

Eagerly, she lunged forward, devouring the fish first, as that was only polite. It had been offered first. The small snack was gone in seconds, and she moved quickly on to the swan. She had never tasted swan before. The meat held an interesting flavor, one she wasn’t sure she necessarily liked, but she was not going to complain about free food. As she ate, she took a moment to look up at her two meal-givers, and whined, wagging her tail and lowering her body. The combination of these three signals meant roughly the equivalent of, “I am not worthy of such kindness. Thank you. I owe both of you.” And then she went right back to eating.

Little did she know that these two wolves would be her packmates soon enough. Even now, in the back of her mind, she was swearing she would repay them their kindness somehow - even if it meant hunting down every last fish and swan in these Wilds as gifts and reminders that they had probably saved her life that day. She had not only been starving, but also very emotionally unbalanced for quite some time, confused about where her loyalties lay. Now she knew without a doubt that she was still half-coyote, but that her heart ran with Wolves.
Messages In This Thread
Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 04:04 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 08, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 08, 2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 08, 2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Hunger - by Ferdie Von Pelt - July 09, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: Hunger - by Kodokuna - July 09, 2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Hunger - by Red Wolf - July 09, 2014, 10:38 PM