a gift from the heavens
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
<style type="text/css">table.ragnar {background: #ffffff url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/theder/ragnardertable_zpsefab268a.png") no-repeat top center;}</style>
"I just hope they do not end up like me and my brothers," Though the best thing the two boys probably had going for them was they were not of his blood. Ambition seemed to run in the Eitrisson genetics but more strongly in the Loðbrók for those genes were directly associated with Ragnar himself since ‘Loðbrók’ was an earned surname (since technically Norse men didn’t have true last names they were just: Ragnarsson, Flokisson, etc). "Björn killed our father for the title of Jarl, and I killed him for —" A woman. A woman that he had lost all interest in once he didn’t have the fun of forbidden fruit and the chase anymore. He had also challenged Björn to single combat as revenge for their father, too, but it had not been his driving force. "— well I killed him. And Váli…he couldn’t kill me even if he tried for a thousand years but he would have tried." Ragnar didn’t want to see his sons — any of them — grow up to be like that. The idea of having a pack of shield maidens made the Jarl smirk as he considered it. "I’m not seeing the down side to that." Women could fight just as fiercely as any man and he knew from fighting along side them in raids.

Ragnar snorted softly when Thistle tried to get him to admit that he was ‘soft’ because it wasn’t necessarily true. There wasn’t much of Ragnar that anyone would call soft, least of all in personality. He liked children and happened to be a father which seemed to translate into other children though that was not surprising given that every living child he called ‘his’ was actually adopted by him. He didn’t answer her but made a small noise of pleasure in his throat when she gave him a quick lick to his muzzle and nuzzled against him for a moment before their conversation switched to the enigmatic and potentially made up as far as Ragnar was concerned Hotguy. "That is a weak argument," Ragnar snorted with indignation. "We do not name our children strange things. They only sound strange because you were not raised in our culture with our language." No matter what she followed up with she wasn’t going to get him to budge on that. He was too confident that he was right to be willing to listen to anything else.

"I know," Ragnar sighed, not really having needed the reminder that he had too many things to do and to go out on an Outrider mission to find out if any of the other packs were missing a child was not on the top of his priority list. "They’ll probably think we kidnapped her though if we keep putting it off." It wasn’t so much that he cared what other packs thought of him, and to be frank he had stolen wolves, many times of various ages but never young children like Junior. "Julooke wouldn’t let a man other than Verrine touch her. And if they do I will rip them apart personally." First, because he had only given permission to Verrine and Julooke to breed and secondly because though his ilk was big on the idea of rape (and he had never made moves to ever stop them admittedly) he wasn’t going to tolerate it here considering most of the pack did not belong to his culture and therefore it wasn’t ok.

Messages In This Thread
a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 05, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 05, 2014, 08:30 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 06, 2014, 07:23 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 06, 2014, 07:54 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 07, 2014, 07:23 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 07, 2014, 02:34 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 08, 2014, 07:12 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 08, 2014, 07:15 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 09, 2014, 06:30 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 09, 2014, 10:56 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 09, 2014, 11:40 AM